• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Saxet shows are no longer 30.06/.07 They even have signs indicating that carry guns must stay holstered. Guns taken in for sale or trade are required to be zip tied. That makes sense.
    They have come a long way from when I called and asked why they posted. The old woman who answered the phone told me it was because they did not want another mass shooting. When I asked about when they had a mass shooting at one of their shows, she told me to **** off and hung up, lol.
    Hurley's Gold

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I wasn't bitching or questioning the right of the show organizer or property owner from having whatever policy they want. It was a legitimate question whether the policy was typical of gun shows since I've never attended one. I may choose to let someone know that I won't give them my business because of a 30.06 sign, but I certainly don't question their right to do so.

Your posts in this thread are offensive. Generally speaking, if you don't like something you see on the Internet, the best policy is to scroll on rather than troll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would seem that you are new to the interwebz as well as gun shows lol;)

txjames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    Shady and txjames... One does not have to have a LTC at a gun show. It is a commercial event at which by implied assent anyone who pays their entry has been given access and the show operators have given consent to "carry" firearms. Secondly, Anyone who has been to gun shows have seen stupid and unsafe gun handling in the aisles. Guys looking down the bore of a rifle. Someone carrying a pistol in their hand sweeping people left and right. People have been shot at gun shows in the past and will in the future. Zip tying a gun hopefully keeps some dumA from popping that zip tie off and loading the gun to show someone it works. Dec 5, 2015 Phoenix a guy got shot at gun show. June 27, 2014 someone shot being shown a concealed carry holster. June 28, 2014 a guy was shot at Cedar Park gun show in the parking lot. Google the topic and you will see it is not rare at all.

I had no idea you could carry at a gun show without a license. I don't get how that works - how could you have a handgun (specifically, I get the rifle side of things) outside of your own property, your vehicle, or traveling between them without a license to carry? It's not an issue for me as I am licensed. I understand you might have a handgun on you after purchase or before sale, but I would expect to have to have the gun unloaded or cased/boxed.

I recall the one in Cedar Park - that was a guy shooting his father in law in the car or something like that. I would argue the rate of ND at Gun Shows is far below the rate of ND's outside of Gun Shows, and therefore it doesn't really make sense to disallow licensed possession in that venue. Just my opinion, and again they certainly have the right to make rules on private property.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    Just like to don't apparently have a right to carry a gun a where you want; cause Constitution; businesses have no God give right to refuse service to anyone the choose. If they did then we wouldn't have bakers having it bake wedding cakes for homosexuals even though they didn't want to. We would have businesses posting no whites, no blacks... and we don't.

With that stated, gun shows may be posted for various reasons. The venue they rent can have it in their contract that it must be so. Their insurance policy may require them to do so. Or they may choose to do so. You never know. However, given that gun shows are a place where folks generally go to fondle, show, inspect... guns it's not really a fair comparison to being out at the local Walmart. Generally people aren't handling their guns at Walmart and if they are without reason they are a considered threat. When you go to a gun show, it's generally crowded and you REALLY have to work hard at not muzzle sweeping someone when you handle a gun. Given this it's not unreasonable to want all the guns as safe as possible. Heck even with the zip ties and entry checks we still have people occasionally dropping the hammer on a live round. The average gun owner is probably not safe. They dont shoot themselves cause they buy a gun and maybe handle it once or twice a year. We (people who take an interest in firearms, learn the rules, take classes...) are NOT the average. Heck even those who do the work manage to screw stuff up and have an ND occasionally. Average guy who doesnt follow safety rules regularly placed into an environment that promotes show me yours and I'll show you mine is asking for trouble.

Last but not least, unless things have changed the entry fee is a waste of your $$. Prices are generally very similar to your LGS. There is only so much profit margin that the market will bear. Aside from the sea of out of town dealers and tables to crap to play with they haven't offered up any deals worthy of dealing with the negatives, for me.

And thanks to the constitution setting up laws our elected gave businesses a statue that can say CHL/LTC carries concealed or open are not allowed in their business.

I'm not saying I agree with it. But this whining from people has got to stop. I hate everything about Walmart and Sam's Club. I refuse to shop there. Don't care how much money I could save. But I don't blast them and tell them to change for me.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Well thanks I learned something today

Shady and txjames... One does not have to have a LTC at a gun show. It is a commercial event at which by implied assent anyone who pays their entry has been given access and the show operators have given consent to "carry" firearms. Secondly, Anyone who has been to gun shows have seen stupid and unsafe gun handling in the aisles. Guys looking down the bore of a rifle. Someone carrying a pistol in their hand sweeping people left and right. People have been shot at gun shows in the past and will in the future. Zip tying a gun hopefully keeps some dumA from popping that zip tie off and loading the gun to show someone it works. Dec 5, 2015 Phoenix a guy got shot at gun show. June 27, 2014 someone shot being shown a concealed carry holster. June 28, 2014 a guy was shot at Cedar Park gun show in the parking lot. Google the topic and you will see it is not rare at all.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I understand and agree, but how is that different than anywhere else?

For one, there are thousands of people handling firearms at a gun show. Not all of them are smart enough to check to ensure a weapon is unloaded before doing so.

Secondly, for some reason people completely forgot the four cardinal rules of safe gun handling at a gun show. I've had more muzzles pointed at me and seen more fingers on triggers than I care to remember. Add in the variable of a possibly loaded firearm and it's enough to make one not even want to go to shows anymore!

Lastly, there have been far too many NDs at gun shows over the years even WITH the restrictions to prove it's not a good idea to lift them.

Gun shows are NOT like any other business with a 30.06/30.07 sign. It's a completely different circus...

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I've worked the gun shows for seven years and I lost count of how many times I've been muzzle swept or illuminated with barrel mounted lights and lasers by vendors and customers alike No thanks, to loaded firearms in these events.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    txjames... perhaps the term "carry" needs to be defined. You respond with, "I had no idea you could carry at a gun show without a license." I suppose slapping on a holster in the parking lot and stuffing a pistol in it, might get a raised eyebrow from some gungho cop. What I was referring to was you get out of the car carrying a pistol you intend to sell in your hand or a paper bag or some such, and walk to the doors. Then you wander around with it in your hand zip tied up and maybe with a sign on your back XXX pistol for sale $amount.

txjames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    Thanks again for all the helpful posts. Found an interesting Yankee Marshall video precisely on this topic.

You'll want to watch starting at 1:04:

I imagine I will pass on gun shows all together.

qwiksdraw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    Did anyone think to ask Premier Gun Shows about their policy? That's usually the best place to start asking questions.

If you notice as you enter, the you will see armed LEOs present. If I can't carry a loaded firearm but the event provides armed security, that's the next best thing.

You are allowed to bring your gun inside the show, but you must have it unloaded. The gun will be inspected by the local LEO at the front door and it will be zip tied.

All the shows I've been to in Dallas, Mesquite, Allen, Lewisville and Irving have had the same policy.

And the statics show that bad guys don't buy their guns at gun shows (they usually steal them) so I guess that means you won't run into any there!

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    Thanks again for all the helpful posts. Found an interesting Yankee Marshall video precisely on this topic.

You'll want to watch starting at 1:04:

I imagine I will pass on gun shows all together.

Lol should of let his son chase his girl....

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Gun shows at NRG in Houston can not restrict LTC. txjames might be onto something. Is it smart to argue on the Internet? Is it smart to attend gun shows if they are gun-free zones?

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Too lazy to look it up right now, but I think there is something specifically in the LTC law about sporting venues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SgtEarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    They are generally all like that. Might even be law.

Too many fools taking out their loaded CC firearms to show/ trade/ sell and sending a round into the crowd/ ground/ ceiling. I have read about that happening a few times.

That may not be the official reason though.

I was at a gun show not too many months ago ... standing in line to pay ... when i heard the unmistakable sound of a firearm firing. THANKFULLY, no one was injured. However, it did cost a nice older gentleman being permanently barred from future shows.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom