• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ordnanceman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    OK, I know already this is going to be a rant, but I cannot help but share this.

I was planning on purchasing 2 pistols today. A Walther and a Shield. Possible even one of those pretty purple Tauras 380’s for my kid.

We got up bright and early this morning and went to the Humble Gun Show, in the Humble Civic Center. I wanted to stay local so my tax dollars went local. This is a Premier Gun Shows, LLC-thing.

As I walk in with my wife and 16 y/o kid, whom I have taught to handle weapons responsibly, I was looking at the NRA booth immediately to the left of the front door. The reason she even wanted to go to the show was to get an NRA-related Tee shirt, and maybe that aforementioned purple gun.

It was actually coming out of my mouth to ask her if she wanted me to join her up when I look to the right and I was floored… I see the 30.06 sign, larger than most.
    Like all of us that maintain a LTC from the State of Texas, I will not go in a place with that sign. And I refuse to disarm and leave my weapon in the car. I vote with my dollars and will spend my dollars elsewhere.

Please consider this next time you see the name Premier Gun Shows, LLC, and consider voting with your dollars too.
    Guns International

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I am actually unsure on this one. In most places 99.9% are unarmed. At a gun show I bet 75% would be armed. With all the idiots in the world being in a room with 100's of armed morons might be a bad thing lol.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    You must not go to many gun shows, most have 30.06 signs posted. SAXET here in San Antonio has been doing it for over 13 years now.

And given the number of accidental discharges that have happened at gun shows (to include Premier), I can't say I necessarily disagree with the policy.

By the way, you may be unaware but Premier has been huge supporters of members of this forum during their San Antonio shows. They constantly provided us free admission and even bought several of us breakfast prior to one of the shows. I now know the Premier folks pretty well, and will respect their decision to post 30.06 signs at their shows. I have seen enough buffoonery at shows (failing to check firearms to ensure they are clear before handling, fingers on triggers, weapons being pointed at people, etc.) to understand why it is necessary. In fact, I recently saw a concealed carry holder at a gun show remove a loaded weapon (despite the 30.06 sign) to try it in a holster. That particular individual deserved to be throat-punched.

Sorry, but there are times it makes sense. I know some may choose to ignore the sign, but at least the promoter is still covered if an accidental discharge occurs.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    As a recent transplant from VA, the problem I see is not allowing a firearm into the facility. I guess no gunsmithing goes on there. After VA passed a state-wide no-waiting period overruling the Fairfax County 3-day wait, we were finally able to have gun shows in the "Nation's Capital" region. No loaded firearms allowed in the shows there either. If you took a firearm in for trading or repair, they used a zip tie to impede usage. No ammo either. They did allow you to check the ammo at the door so when you walked out you could load up right away. There were several folks doing on-site 'smithing at every show. The glock guy would do new sights, extended slide release and magazine release, and reduced trigger bar. There were several AR folks making semi-custom uppers, those types of things.

Anyway, just my two cents.

shinerjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Central Texas
    I'm with you, Ordnanceman! I went to a gun show last weekend. It was a local group that started up 2-3 years ago. As I was about to pay, I was informed I needed to take my handgun back to my vehicle. I was quite surprised since I open carried at this same gun show last year! I told the guy he really needed to put a sign up. He replied that there was one and pointed to a couple of handwritten signs taped to the glass in the door. They were in no way legit signs. I honestly thought the signs referred to weapons you were bringing in to sell or trade.

I put my money back into my billfold and walked out the door. I won't support a business that refuses to let me defend myself.

Top Bottom