• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Heinz Bar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    Yes, I sold them to a dealer for $500. First guy didn't even say a price, second guy offered my $450, next guy bit at 5. That allowed me to get the Kimber for the wife.

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Heinz, those Kimbers are really nice shooters. Gratz on the purchase =)

I had a good time and looked at all the toys but nothing jumped out at me. Maybe next time.

I didn't have an opportunity to thank the gentleman that arranged for us to get in for free as he was engaged in conversation and I didn't want to hover. I assume that was majormadmax (Long beard?). So thanks!

How often does Premier come to San Antonio?

SA Justin

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    We had a good time. I was impressed with the show overall. I thought it was quite a bit better than Saxet. I had intentions of snagging a Glock 26 or Glock 19 for the Mrs. She fondled a ton of guns and decided that an SR22 or keltec PF9 fit her hand the best. Ended up snagging a PF9 for $269 plus a box of ammo and a free chl class (in Ft Worth).

I can already tell that the PF9 is gonna need some break in.... Not the best build quality, but if she'll carry it, then it's better than nothing....

Almost jumped on an Aimpoint Pro, an M&P 15-22, PMR-30, and a $30 made in China otf knife, but decided against it...

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    SA Justin, a bit of light deburring goes a LONG way on those PF9s for function and reliability.

SA Justin

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    SA Justin, a bit of light deburring goes a LONG way on those PF9s for function and reliability.

How do you recommend doing that? A file or sandpaper or what? I'm guessing a Dremel would be too much, right? What parts do you recommend deburring?

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Made it out to the show this morning. Crowd was fairly light. Didn't see anything I couldn't live without. But on a bright note, came to town a little early and stopped by 2 wal-marts and snagged 2k rounds of 22lr so the trip was definitely worth it!

Attachments

• 20131215_133215.jpg
      20131215_133215.jpg
      52.4 KB · Views: 149

Heinz Bar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    Went to Dietz today. Wife absolutely loves the new Kimber. Said it has less recoil than my 4.5" Para 1911. Shoots well but I need to replace the sights. Plain black blades take too long to acquire a sight picture of my old eyes.

Not bad for $729.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I bought a used Beretta 96 Vertec, Walther P1, FN HiPower, and a S&W Highway Patrolman on Saturday. Today I ran a box through each one and had no problems at all. They are all accurate and fun to shoot. Gunshow was great for me, I can't wait for the next one.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I bought a used Beretta 96 Vertec, Walther P1, FN HiPower, and a S&W Highway Patrolman on Saturday. Today I ran a box through each one and had no problems at all. They are all accurate and fun to shoot. Gunshow was great for me, I can't wait for the next one.

May I ask how much for the Vertec?

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I went Saturday saw a beautiful Ruger Birdshead in .45 acp it was calling my name. Went back 3 times to look at its been on the list for awhile. Ended up passing on it had it not been Christmas time it would be mine right now. Still kicking myself in the ass for not grabbing it though. Got some fde pmags, a nice leather belt and a rifle bag and as always had a great time!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

May I ask what you paid for the S&W M28 Highway Patrolman? I've been wanting on of those.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom