• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    This is going to sound like a broken record, but it's that time again! The Premier San Antonio Gun Show will be back in two weeks (17 & 18 June) with 600 tables at the Freeman Expo Hall (3201 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78219), right next to the AT&T Center. Just to note, this show was an addition to the schedule.

Hours are Saturday 9am–5pm and Sunday 10am–4pm, with general admission still only $5 (cash only). Bexar County still charges $7 per vehicle for parking. Handicapped and Disabled Veterans park for free.

More info on Premier's website and/or following the show on Facebook.

And so you can mark your calendars now, the next scheduled show will be 23 & 24 September.

As for breakfast, we usually meet at Teran's (4403 E Houston St) at 8am on Saturday to "fuel up" before the show. If anyone is interested in joining us, please feel free to do so.

Cheers! M2
    DK Firearms

bignic83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    I would like to join the ext one for sure. Be nice to meet you guys. Unfortunately, I will be at the World's Longest Shot Competition in Utopia this weekend. Have a great time.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Good question. In the past, there have been 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted; but given that the venue is owned by Bexar County, as a government entity they cannot prohibit open or concealed carry in that building per Texas Penal Code §30.06(e) ("It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.")

JC Hrubetz, General Manager/Controller of Freeman Coliseum & Expo Hall has acknowledged that fact.

But just to note, there is nothing illegal about the show promoters posting those signs. If such signs are put there by the leasees, Bexar County is not liable for the civil penalty set forth in Texas Government Code §411.209(b) as it only applies to "a state agency or a political subdivision of the state," not those who rent from them!

Texas Government Code §411.209(a):

A state agency or a political subdivision of the state may not provide notice by a communication described by Section 30.06, Penal Code, or by any sign expressly referring to that law or to a concealed handgun license, that a license holder carrying a handgun under the authority of this subchapter is prohibited from entering or remaining on a premises or other place owned or leased by the governmental entity unless license holders are prohibited from carrying a handgun on the premises or other place by Section 46.03 or 46.035, Penal Code.

Texas Government Code §411.209(b):

A state agency or a political subdivision of the state that violates Subsection (a) is liable for a civil penalty of:
    (1) not less than $1,000 and not more than $1,500 for the first violation; and
    (2) not less than $10,000 and not more than $10,500 for the second or a subsequent violation.

Texas Penal Code §30.06(e):

It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.30.htm
    http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/GV/htm/GV.411.htm

A Texas Attorney General's opinion (search for KP-108 on this site: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/opinion/ken-paxton-opinions) stated while the government entity cannot post, an entity that leases the property can do so.

However, according the the AG's opinion, "A court would likely conclude that a license holder who carries a handgun on property that is owned by a governmental entity but leased to a private entity and that is not a premises or other place from which the license holder is prohibited from carrying a handgun under sections 46.03 or 46.035 of the Penal Code is excepted from the offenses in subsections 30.06(a) and 30.07(a) of the Penal Code." (emphasis mine).

"A court would likely conclude" is not really a sure-fire 'get-out-of-jail-free card' if you ask me!

Given all that; legally you can carry. However, given the general provisions for criminal trespassing in Texas (§30.05(a)(2)), a person would be guilty if they received notice to depart but failed to do so...

(a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:

(1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or

(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

I am not saying that the promoters would use that; but if you are going to carry, I would recommend doing so concealed!

Cheers! M2

Last edited:

bignic83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    Made it to the show finally. They did have both .06 and .07 signs posted. Nice show. Bought an Aero lower, a FDE Grip for my Sig P320 and a Sig P238 in Army for the Mrs. Overall a good day.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Odd, as the signs weren't posted when we went at 9am this morning! There was something posted about not bringing loaded firearms into the venue but it had no legal authority.

Unfortunately, while it was a good show for us as well (I picked up a Soviet survival tool and a steel rifle target), we also learned this will be the last Premier show in San Antonio. The September show has been cancelled and no others are scheduled for the time being. We talked with the Premier folks that were running this show and they said they hope to come back sometime in the future. That's a shame as they have been always so generous and I have always found the selection of vendors to be better at this show than SAXET.

So, at least for the time being, we are stuck with SAXET and whatever other shows that may pop up. I have been to the Austin highway one a few times and found that was a few times too many! We will likely head up to Round Rock or Waco for the Premier shows there sometime in the future, given that this month's SAXET show was the first we had been to in over six months it found it still wasn't worth the time or trouble, those are about the only options we have in SA for something different!

Cheers! M2

bignic83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    They were posted under the tent on the right side before you entered the doors. I was there at 9 also :)

That sucks as this was my first time to this show and it definitely was better than most.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    They were posted under the tent on the right side before you entered the doors. I was there at 9 also :)

That sucks as this was my first time to this show and it definitely was better than most.

Again, that's odd as I was looking and all I saw was a sign on a pedestal that looked like it was written by a lawyer but not one familiar with Texas law. Never saw any 30.06 or 30.07 signs.

This is the Soviet survival tool I picked up...

IMAG6880_zps5isp9zti.jpg

00-Guy

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    San Antonio
    So the wife and I just got back from the show. Boy have the number of vendors gone down. Additionally the number of non-gun tables has significantly increased. Even though we have been to the last two Premier shows, they have come a long way from when the show occupied both buildings.

It was fun being able to glad-hand various guns. Still I will miss this show. I am cheered that this is not Maryland where we were lucky to have one or two shows a year. Here in Texas, I can still go to one or more shows a month if I so desire. I hope that Premier returns soon to San Antonio.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Yep, I noticed that after we left and had already carried through out the show as we entered from the right side of the tent from the ticket window we had walked up to mistakenly thinking that was where we got tickets.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    we also learned this will be the last Premier show in San Antonio. The September show has been cancelled and no others are scheduled for the time being. We talked with the Premier folks that were running this show and they said they hope to come back sometime in the future. That's a shame as they have been always so generous and I have always found the selection of vendors to be better at this show than SAXET.

Another one bites the dust!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Another one bites the dust!

Premier took a sabbatical from its San Antonio shows once before, we're hoping this is just temporary and we see them back sometime soon!

After recently attending the monthly SAXET show, and having been to some of the smaller, less appealing shows in and around the local area; the selection and variety we found at the Premier shows will be missed! It may have decreased in size over the years, but at least it offered something different whereas I could walk through the SAXET show with my eyes closed and identify every beef jerky, candle and other table they have that never change...

Top Bottom