• ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    North Fork Tactical in Bellingham WA

There is a long thread on The High Road.org Interesting discussion. Company owner joined the thread and answered a lot of questions.

Bottom line, Serbian made primers....$0.06 per primer. Shipping was $15 for 2K then ordered another 5K at $30 shipping and no sales tax.
    Gun Zone Deals

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Interesting.

Wish I could say they were cheap but availability has a value all in its own.

Thanks for posting.

Based on what the owner of North Fork Tactical said in an online post, this is the price of doing business in today’s environment.

He went to domestic suppliers (CCI, Federal, Winchester, et al) and was told they wouldn’t have much for resale for next 3 years due to $1 billion ammo backlog. And even S&B told him they were committed to ammo manufacturing first.

These primers are coming from Serbia via Canada. Crossing two intl borders has added shipping and excise taxes. He said the primers at his cost before tax is $0.03 per. Taxes add more cost, so he claims (and I believe him) that he’s not making a lot in each primer. But in volume, he’s doing okay.

I understand some of y’all are finding primers for $40/1000 driving around from store to store, and good on ya, but I don’t have the time to do that and there is a cost for the gas and taxes, so I’m good with this price. I can still build a 9MM 124 FMJ for under $0.18 based on my brass and components I’ve bought since the election, so I call this a win from my POV.

YMMV

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Just be careful, there are a lot of players in that particular space right now. Plenty of people have waited a really long time for "contracted" primers to actually arrive that they paid for. The minute he gets them, 60 bucks will be nothing compared to what people will offer him in volume, greed changes things quickly.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    let me know, I may be interested in buying 1k of these to start my reloading career :D ... you know when my press comes in.. o nly been 7 months since I ordered it. (paid for 7 months ago)

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I noticed earlier. I knew they wouldn't last long at that price. I missed the boat and kinda kick myself for it. But I'm trying to have more faith in the market. I'm still selling at over $150/k betting it will all come back around in the next year or so. I really hope I'm right! Lol

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I noticed earlier. I knew they wouldn't last long at that price. I missed the boat and kinda kick myself for it. But I'm trying to have more faith in the market. I'm still selling at over $150/k betting it will all come back around in the next year or so. I really hope I'm right! Lol
    They were out there for a while, at least a day and a half after my original post.

I was too late for the small rifle primers.

This is the first shipment this company is doing this way. If it all works out, there will be more to follow. I’ll update this thread as I see more on the site as well as when I get myorder.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Just received this email update from North Fork Tactical in case any of y’all didn’t get it. I think this was originally posted on “Thehighroad.org”, but I received it as an email.

“Hello Primer Presalers,

Back with an update, and for those not on here I will also be sending out an email to everyone who placed an order. We are headed up to meet our supplier today and go over paperwork, legal docs, CFR49 items and meeting with our FAET lawyer to make sure everything is ready to go. Ship is still not in the harbor but should be by the weekend, so we are a bit behind our projection. Today's meeting will hopefully allow us to reevaluate the timeline to a date with some more accuracy. I know everyone is busting teeth biting bullets for this to ship out already, but please bear with us and hang on while we work out the final details. Primers are coming your way. I read the above posts and see you guys are putting a wager on timelines. Very nice. I'm excited to see who gets the pot on that one! If you have any questions for me, I'm actually going to have to ask you to direct them here since my email has been overloaded recently and I've got too many things to keep my focus on to reply to them for the time being. I'll come back here periodically and get some answers out to you as time permits. For those wondering how they are packed, they are in what my supplier calls, Battle Bricks. Vacuum sealed bricks of 1000. We will be shipping them in the same packaging and will not be opening more than one of these to verify product quality. First shipment in will be 1.5M since you were all wondering why I shut down the presale. An import permit is expensive and takes time to set up, and is only valid for 2 years after issuance. Anyone engaged in importing will space out the delivery of items according to total quantity divided by timeline, or something close to that, which gives them time to figure out how many should be on the next permit. We have a lot of items on this permit, not just primers and bringing too many of any item over a border raises red flags to Customs and ATF agents. We'd like to fly as low under the radar as possible. That's all for now. Please exercise patience. We will come through.

Noah Brooks
    North Fork Tactical, Owner
    Bellingham, WA 98229
    http://www.northforktactical.com”

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Based on what the owner of North Fork Tactical said in an online post, this is the price of doing business in today’s environment.

He went to domestic suppliers (CCI, Federal, Winchester, et al) and was told they wouldn’t have much for resale for next 3 years due to $1 billion ammo backlog. And even S&B told him they were committed to ammo manufacturing first.

These primers are coming from Serbia via Canada. Crossing two intl borders has added shipping and excise taxes. He said the primers at his cost before tax is $0.03 per. Taxes add more cost, so he claims (and I believe him) that he’s not making a lot in each primer. But in volume, he’s doing okay.

I understand some of y’all are finding primers for $40/1000 driving around from store to store, and good on ya, but I don’t have the time to do that and there is a cost for the gas and taxes, so I’m good with this price. I can still build a 9MM 124 FMJ for under $0.18 based on my brass and components I’ve bought since the election, so I call this a win from my POV.

YMMV
    Talk about maket control at its worst!

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Latest update email from Monday:

Good morning everyone. I know you all have been wanting updates on the primers. I’ve received various emails from many of you asking how everything is going, and I apologize for not responding promptly. As of the past week I have been far more involved in daily and sometimes hourly events that require my attention regarding this and I haven’t wanted to give any kind of update that doesn’t say much. I haven’t read the thread on High Road so and I won’t be answering specific questions posted there. The primers are in Canada, ship is in. We are still working out various legal, organizational and tax hurdles that I won’t get into specific detail about, before we bring everything across. Believe me, I understand your anxieties around this. However nervous and anxious you are, I am 200x that (that’s how many orders were placed for these before we shut it off). I have a responsibility to all of you to make this happen and I am determined to do so. There are angles to this that I didn’t foresee that have to be dealt with not only to bring them across the border, but for me to squeeze a meager profit out of it as well. Please continue to hold tight and trust that I am working on this daily. I will give updates when we hit milestones, and I am hopeful the next one I give will be in the form of a tracking number. Thanks for the continued support and patience. We will get there soon.

Best regards,

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Got this April 7th:

Primer presale current update:

Hello everyone. I know you have all been anxious to get an update from me for a couple weeks now. Fact is that I’ve been waiting for one too. The ATF Imports Div. in Seattle has 2 staff members representing all imports which as I’m sure you can guess, causes things to move fairly slowly. Today I got word that our import permit has been rejected and will need to be reapplied for. This is not the news we were hoping for or expecting. The best estimate I was given as to how long this would take is at a minimum 8 weeks. Until then, our shipment will be held with my counterpart in Canada. If you are willing to wait, I appreciate it and we will continue to give every effort to see this through to close. If you are not, however, I am happy to issue a refund to anyone who requests one. I’m really sorry this was not the good news you were all hoping for. Believe me, it was a difficult blow to us as well. I plan to be in touch with the ATF every week for a progress check, as well as appeal their decision to deny our permit, although I’m not sure how much good that will do. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask but I’m not going to disclose the exact details of the why and how of the matter with ATF and our agent. Thanks for your support through all of this. I appreciate the kind and supportive comments I’ve read from some of you on The High Road and in emails. It makes all the work feel more worth while.

Best regards,
    Noah Brooks

North Fork Tactical, Owner
    Bellingham, WA 98229

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Some news is better than none. I've seen plenty of pay me now sites that are hustling people out of money for stuff that will never ship.

Just the other day I found a Texas based company selling at what were pre-covid prices. Turns out they only accept checks, venmo and such. Their terms...180 days to fill orders. Had tons of BBB complaints.

It reminds me of the Northwest territorial mint guy who over a decade ago took orders and waited for spot price to drop before filling them. Bunch of people got burned bad. I was one of the last orders actually fulfilled(50 oz) before bankruptcy and court cases ensued.

This guy actually sounds legit and I'm sure will do his best to get those primers across the border.

Top Bottom