Prepper Talk

Discussion in 'Announcements & Comments' started by texcross, Oct 14, 2013.

Want some prepper threads on TGT?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2013.
  1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Don't care

17 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. texcross

texcross Active Member Admin

Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Howdy all....

We were considering adding a prepper section to the forum. Not looking to go over the top with it. Maybe a weapons preppers section, maybe 1 to 2 other threads as well. I know some take it to different levels, we want this to be a place where people can post what they do, pictures, ideas and such. Just at thought here..... We are not set on adding it, just wanted everyone's feedback.

Thoughts?
    Hate it? Love it?

Chime in....:D

2. itchin

itchin TGT Addict

Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Most "peppers" sound like asshats. I cannot help think about those people on that show. Especially the idiot from Houston.

3. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    I like it but its the other stuff, not weapons, that interests me.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

4. Governors20

Governors20 Active Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    I question the wisdom of someone that would dig a hole in their back yard with the intention of living in it.

5. Koinonia

Koinonia Well-Known

Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    It couldn't hurt to have a section for it - There are many ways to be 'prepared.'

Possibly start off with a thread on Disaster readiness? (Hurricane - Have a week of water and food stored in advance, sort of thing.)

As with anything, there are what some would consider 'extremes'.

6. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    Sounds interesting provided you can find a moderator(s) with enough patience to keep things from turning to name calling or getting too ridiculous.

Keep an open mind. I have a hole dug in my backyard that has a concrete storm shelter there. Got it almost 20 years ago after a close call with a tornado. I've used it several times over the years living out in the country. Used it last year with my daughter, her husband, and my granddaughter when an F3 was on the ground nearby and headed our way.

I don't consider myself some crazed prepper for having this hole in my backyard.

7. jcrntx

jcrntx Well-Known TGT Supporter

May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I agree that it sounds interesting. I have actually been looking around at survival/preparedness/prepper forums to see what is out there. Be nice to have a place on TGT for this information/discussion.

8. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    What can it hurt? Like a lot of other stuff that is talked about on this and other forums.....if you don't like the topic just don't read.

9. robertc1024

robertc1024 Not That Guy TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    True, but why dilute the intent of the site? There are plenty of places to dig into that stuff that go way beyond guns. www.texaspreppertalk.com is available.

10. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol, this site is 90% BS and 10% gun related.

That said, there have been threads on preparedness on the OT section and it seems to work fine that way. Don't see a need for another section for that topic.