Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Could we maybe do a poll to see if everybody really wants a thread to talk about a thread on prepping?
    Capitol Armory ad

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    The people on the TV are mostly bat-$hit crazy. That said, I am a prepper, but not to the extent that a lot of them are. Have 45 days worth of food and water, Amateur radio with a deep-cycle marine battery charged by a solar panel. A few guns and enough ammo.

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Youngun, poll is showing on page 1 of thread. I would not consider myself a prepper really, like many keep some basics around the home, water, etc just in case of storms and such knocking out power. Plus with my wife ill, we have to make other arrangements there.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    We got a thread to talk about a thread to talk about prepping?

I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Could we maybe do a poll to see if everybody really wants a thread to talk about a thread on prepping?

Youngun, poll is showing on page 1 of thread. I would not consider myself a prepper really, like many keep some basics around the home, water, etc just in case of storms and such knocking out power. Plus with my wife ill, we have to make other arrangements there.

he was playing off vaquero's joke...read it again in that context, and you'll get it

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    We got a thread to talk about a thread to talk about prepping?

Its a test thread to see if a thread would survive testing in a thread environment.

I hope they just get on with it and make a Prepping Forum for Texans to post.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    For the love of God PLEASE don't call it "Prepping." "Survivalism" is a much better term for those in the lifestyle who actually know what they're doing.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I like it. Rain water collection was an idea I got from a "prepper" site. It saves money in watering the garden and flower beds. Dehydrating food has lightened my camping load. Everyone says better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. Learned a lot about edible, nutritional, and medicinal plants. Just an interesting subject. I skip the Class III/NSA section because I have no interest in the subject. If you don't like the prepper section, skip it. And, by the way, of 21,788 members, only a mere handful will truly care either way.
    Something like this? Cistern.jpg

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I would frequent a "preppers" section.

"Preppers" has taken on an illusion of extremeists predicting the end of the world.

In fact, I would guess that 90% of us are "preppers" in some form or fashion.

I enjoy and learn from watching Les Stroud in his Survivorman show.
    My wife frequents a food canning site to learn new ways and things to can. Beef stew and chili ... who'da thunk it ...
    I bought bulk ammo when it was cheap and obvious that Obama would be re-elected and having lived through 08.
    I cut a dead aok tree and stacked a little over a cord of wood for the winter.

Are we preppers?
    I say yes ... we look ahead and prepare today for what might occur next week, next month, next season or even next year.

Are we obssessed with it?
    Maybe to some ...

Top Bottom