• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So I repeat: Never let a pharmacy try to split your order for Schedule 2 drugs. Never. Take the script back in hand and take it somewhere else.

If you’ve got a prescription with all the DEA crap
    on it for Schedule II narcotics, definitely count that at the counter and be ready to call 911 if you’re being shorted.

Easier to let the system weed out a doc/tech.

I used to feel the exact opposite; then I realized if it’s missing, it ain’t a mistake with all the controls in place.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I don't know what you mean by that. I just meant to say that I'm perfectly willing to cut a pharmacy a break if they're short for most drugs. I know I can pick up a half order now and a half order in a few days.

Basically this pharmacist seemed like he was either buzzed or some doctor over prescribed him something.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Maybe try a Walgreens. I hate Walmart. I mean when I lived in a smaller town it was doable. It had a huge parking lot for people like me that didn’t wanna park next to others. Lol. Got in and out of the lot easy. I can’t do that in Bedford. The parking lot is so small and the people are so retarded. Sorry...went off on a rant.

Try something other than Wal-Mart. Their stupid. They hire stupid people.

They're stupid. Not their stupid.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I take morphine twice a day. 45 MG of the SA variety. The VA fills the script with 15 mg pills. That's six pills a day, 168 in a four week supply. No way in hell am I going to count all those little suckers. As long as I notify my doctor a week ahead I never run out.

The VA provides all my prescriptions. I don't have to stand in line, I just place the refill order via the online system and wait for USPS to bring them to me.

I really feel for those that have to sit and wait an hour or more to get needed medicine.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I have quite a few friends that are pharmacists. All the ones that work retail hate their jobs. It's a thankless job. Most crank out hundreds of scripts a day. They make good money though. My buddy works for the state doing inspections now. Took a huge pay cut but is a lot happier.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Had an employee years ago in the O&G business who was both a lawyer and a pharmacist. He hated retail pharmacy, even before the chain stores, but had to do one or the other on the side to make a living.

When O&G went bust in the mid 80's, he had difficult time finding a job because of those two degrees ... employers considered him "overqualified" and wouldn't hire him.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I have quite a few friends that are pharmacists. All the ones that work retail hate their jobs. It's a thankless job. Most crank out hundreds of scripts a day. They make good money though. My buddy works for the state doing inspections now. Took a huge pay cut but is a lot happier.
    Maybe I'm not in the know because I very seldom need medications, but who gives a rip if the job is thankless? Is "here's your paycheck" not thanks enough? Are pharmacists unhappy in their work because nobody is praising them?

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Maybe I'm not in the know because I very seldom need medications, but who gives a rip if the job is thankless? Is "here's your paycheck" not thanks enough? Are pharmacists unhappy in their work because nobody is praising them?
    No, I guess thankless was not the correct adjective to use.

Top Bottom