• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Well, I have been wanting a revolver for the house and have been very patient. Today I picked up a Ruger Security Six in 357 Magnum. I am pretty happy that it is a Ruger because I learned to shoot with my dad's Ruger single six 22 mag when I was a kid. Ruger just holds a spot in my heart for that reason. Second, I did want 357 mag over 38 spcl, since I can use both in it. Finally, this thing is mint. The only minor blemish I see in the frame is a very small cylinder line. The seller thought it was made in the late 80s, but according to the Ruger sight the serial number places it around 1977-78. If that is true and this thing is original, then I think it has spent its entire life in a safe. Anyways, I am pretty dang happy. Can't wait to fire it. Pictures to come...I just got home with it and am in the middle of stripping, checking it out and cleaning it to MY standards!
    Gun Zone Deals

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Awesome! That's one that's on my short list if I find it in the right condition. I've been trying to talk my wife's granddad out of his, but my father-in-law took it and won't let loose of it. Maybe one day it'll make it's way into the safe, but I'm too impatient for that. Maybe I'll have twins.........

81aggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio
    Congratulations. My Dad had one that I shot when I was younger but it ended up getting sold after he passed away. I've regretted losing that gun and have been on the lookout for another one.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Got her all cleaned up. I must say after a good cleaning, she is in VERY good shape. Here are the pics:

000_0009-1.gif

000_0007.gif

000_0006-1.gif

000_0005-1.gif

000_0004.gif

000_0003.gif

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Cool man nice shooter reminds me of my dads old S&W 357 mag that he carried as an sheriffs Deputy. Only the Ruger instead of the S&W. I'd rather have the Ruger I think.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Congratulations,

That's one fine looking handgun. I just got a Ruger GP100 SS, 4" for HD, not to long ago. I really like Ruger handguns, as well.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Your Ruger is Terrific

I bought one years ago, like yours but stainless which matters nil in the shooting. My suggestion :

Order a set of Wolf springs from Midway, install them yourself or have a competant gunsmith do it. The trigger will amaze you, mine's sweet as clover honey !

I have no idea how many thousand rounds I have fired, both .38Spl ahd .357Mag, store bought and reloads but it is only brokenin, not worn out. Happy shooting.

Attachments

• DSC01093.jpg
      DSC01093.jpg
      26.6 KB · Views: 110

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I bought one years ago, like yours but stainless which matters nil in the shooting. My suggestion :

Order a set of Wolf springs from Midway, install them yourself or have a competant gunsmith do it. The trigger will amaze you, mine's sweet as clover honey !

I have no idea how many thousand rounds I have fired, both .38Spl ahd .357Mag, store bought and reloads but it is only brokenin, not worn out. Happy shooting.

Which springs did you go with? I see to options of reduced power and extra power.
    [url]http://www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html[/URL]

Top Bottom