• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The political climate is a driving force in the current mess we find ourselves in....

High cap mags are currently flying off the shelves and although they are currently at normal prices and normal availability....they will inevitably start being sold for stupid prices in the very near future............ if you don't have enough....best buy them now....

Before the neckbeards do..........

jmho.....
    Hurley's Gold

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Big talk on the internet kiddo. You must really suck at understanding markets.

Look, people are sitting in line buying up all of the natural supply of a good and then RESELLING it at a higher price. They're creating false scarcity. I know its really hard for your tiny brain to understand that.

I don't buy or sell right now myself. I am sitting on more ammunition than most, less than the regulars on this site, but more than the general gun owners. It's not a complaint about prices. I am perfectly ok with natural rise in prices based on supply and demand. I'll add you to the spreadsheet of people with room temperature IQ. Thanks for playing.
    Do you really believe that it is the individual going into Academy and buying up the ammo that is causing the shortages? Yes there are people doing this but I don't believe they are originating the problem. Even the Russians are redoing old ammo using corrosive stuff to make new ammo because of supply shortages ( read this on Sgammo concerning 7.62*39). It is a combination of everything with Covid, looting, elections, new gun owners, etc. Do you think the empty gun shelves are because Joe Shmo is hitting Academy and buying low to sell high? The same goes for the drop in oil prices, lower demand. There is gouging for sure but it is not the guy buying three boxes at Academy, in my opinion.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Do you really believe that it is the individual going into Academy and buying up the ammo that is causing the shortages? Yes there are people doing this but I don't believe they are originating the problem. Even the Russians are redoing old ammo using corrosive stuff to make new ammo because of supply shortages ( read this on Sgammo concerning 7.62*39). It is a combination of everything with Covid, looting, elections, new gun owners, etc. Do you think the empty gun shelves are because Joe Shmo is hitting Academy and buying low to sell high? The same goes for the drop in oil prices, lower demand. There is gouging for sure but it is not the guy buying three boxes at Academy, in my opinion.
    Exactly. Three boxes a shelf-clearing does not make. It's just a TON of new gun owners. I don't feel like it's gouging to charge what I would have to get to replace it. If a gas station knew their next load of gas was going to cost them $4 a gallon to buy, do you think they'd keep the price at their pumps pegged at $2???

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It is not just “a guy buying 3 boxes at academy” it is a guy, his wife, of age children, in-laws and anyone else in their Rascal Brigade.
    Don’t believe me? Go check out the lines on delivery day and watch a family of 13 adults pile out of a suburban.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Good. The more it hurts these apathetic bubbas who don't vote or even worse vote for the gun grabbers the better.

Stupid & lazy should hurt and I'll have no problems charging $1000 for a box of 12ga shells or 20rds of muh .308

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    It is not just “a guy buying 3 boxes at academy” it is a guy, his wife, of age children, in-laws and anyone else in their Rascal Brigade.
    Don’t believe me? Go check out the lines on delivery day and watch a family of 13 adults pile out of a suburban.
    These people are doing it yes, but they did not originate the shortage, they are a reflection of the shortage that is already there. When we talk about gouging, these people take a risk. They may be in the buy low sell high category but they may also be in the buy high sell low category. The problem is that you see these people when you shop and you think they are ripping you off. There is BIG money out there, massive stores, governments, etc. that have locked up the supply way before these 2 bit chumps at Academy lines that you see. The individual takes the blame but there are much bigger forces getting first dibs at the supply. I figure my small pistol primers if I were to sell I would profit less than $2k on what I paid. But I bought them 7 years ago and haven't had that money to play with over the last 7 years. No sale from me. But I don't need the money.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    If I don't like you enough to GIVE you a box or two of ammo, I sure won't SELL you any! I've given to friends and family, and a few choice neighbors, well over $800 worth of ammo over the last 5 years...at pre-obummer prices. Only when I sold off my 12 gauges did I add ammo to the package...then at less than half early 2020 prices. Fixin' to do the same with my 9s, tired of 'em takin' up room, so they'll all go in one box w/ammo and gone.

That being said, that's my CHOICE...not to be inflicted on anyone else...and others' CHOICES of what they do with theirs ain't none of my business...no more than what I chose is theirs.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

The problem is the ammo/primers are not being made in the first place. Supply chain issues are preventing production. I do not care how many people get out of that Suburban, they cannot buy more than my last 18 wheeler delivery which needed a fork lift to move the pallets off the truck.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I haven’t seen $30/1000 primers in a few years. I’ve paid $35-40 per for a few years now. Where / when did you get them at $30?
    PV had Remington small pistol primers on sale for Black Friday 2019 for $20 per 1k. I debated on buying them but I'm glad I did.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    You do realize no one is making your buy or sell ammo, don't you?

If I want to sell at 4-5x the price, that's my purgative and the only person it matters to is someone who is willing to pay it.

Otherwise, it's none of your f***ing business!

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Big talk on the internet kiddo. You must really suck at understanding markets.

Look, people are sitting in line buying up all of the natural supply of a good and then RESELLING it at a higher price. They're creating false scarcity. I know its really hard for your tiny brain to understand that.

I don't buy or sell right now myself. I am sitting on more ammunition than most, less than the regulars on this site, but more than the general gun owners. It's not a complaint about prices. I am perfectly ok with natural rise in prices based on supply and demand. I'll add you to the spreadsheet of people with room temperature IQ. Thanks for playing.

If I were you I’d ask for my money back. Sounds like you got pretty crappy economics degrees. Or you are just too stupid to understand basic laws of open markets.

RobsterCraw

Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Austin
    You do realize no one is making your buy or sell ammo, don't you?

If I want to sell at 4-5x the price, that's my purgative and the only person it matters to is someone who is willing to pay it.

Otherwise, it's none of your f***ing business!
    Maybe so but we will all remember you on the board when this craziness finally clears . You will be that guy. You just ruined your reputation as a member in my eyes and countless others . You just alienated lots of guys on here who won’t deal with you any longer .

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I remember buying my first AR years ago during a panic.
    I didn't "need" it to survive, but I "wanted" it fiercely.
    I bought the first one I found available, and paid probably twice what it was worth.
    I was just happy to be able to possess it.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The way I see it, this is just how the gun industry is. You need to buy enough when the prices are low that you don't feel the need to buy when stuff becomes scarce and the prices inevitably go up. I don't like it, but it's not gong to change as long as leftists keep coming after our rights.

And yes, I do remember the vendors who choose to jack up their prices to extreme levels. They may have every right to do what they're doing, but I have every right to avoid them at all costs and to advise others to do the same.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Sellers want to sell. Buyers can choose to buy or not.

If buyers don't buy at a price they consider too high, the seller usually drops their price.

Speculators get a bad name, especially when they create scarcity by their actions.

A question for the OP:
    Do you think a seller is entitled to any profit?

To those who gripe about people buying up ammo with the intent of reselling at a profit:
    What would happen if people just refused to pay the high prices? After a while of sitting on that ammo, the "scalpers" would lower their price.

So all the blame does not lie with the scalpers.

Bought tickets to college football for less than face value (and a tenth of what they were selling for earlier) by waiting. Now the timespan it would take for ammo prices to fall would be much longer, of course, but the principle holds.

People quit buying, demand falls, prices will fall.

Reactions: HCS

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Question:

Pretty much everyone here says they are for capitalism. Capitalism involves selling for profit.

Exactly what profit margin is acceptable, then? Some obviously feel there is a limit, so what percent is that limit?

And for those that feel there is a limit, should that not be codified in the Constitution?

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    The way I see it, this is just how the gun industry is. You need to buy enough when the prices are low that you don't feel the need to buy when stuff becomes scarce and the prices inevitably go up. I don't like it, but it's not gong to change as long as leftists keep coming after our rights.

And yes, I do remember the vendors who choose to jack up their prices to extreme levels. They may have every right to do what they're doing, but I have every right to avoid them at all costs and to advise others to do the same.

I also boycott those dealers that jacked up their prices during the last shortage and have not shopped with them since.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom