• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    I know the owner of EP. I've known him for a few years outside the range before I ever went to the range. He's a really good guy but is going through some very difficult personal life issues right now. As for the range… last time I was there it had gone up to $12. And I've been barked at by the 'old guys' too. But generally they are smiling and helpful, but always sticklers for the rules.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Whats the details on the cedar park range? Im looking for a 300yd range without having to go all the way out to BOTW and it seems that new range in Creedmoor only goes to 250 and it seems is having a lot of legal troubles.

austinrob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    last time I went there I was yelled at like I was a child for "rapid fire" -- about one shot a second. As I checked out, I complained, was told "well you should follow the damn rules". So I told him to not bother giving me the membership card back. He could toss it, shred it, or use it for target practice. I wouldn't be needing it.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I was talking about the new range in cedar park everyonr is talking about. I've been to eagle peak once and thst was enough.

Given that it's indoors I kind of doubt it will go past 100 yds, although I really hope it does. Would make it a good place to do ladder testing of loads at 150+ so that I could actually interpret the results on really tight accuracy nodes without having any interference from the ever constant wind around here.

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Well my buddys dad has been going to that range since 90'. we walked out and got yelled at and downgraded etc right after we stepped out of the office no where near the benchs or the concrete. Everything was zipped up. Didnt bother me, but my neighbor was pissed off. Use to be different.

Thought you were at Gibsons in Mesquite there for a minute. :)

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Which range, Eagle Peak or BOTW would I have the best luck with being allowed to sit on the rifle line for 4-5 hours? Ive never been to either when I would shoot that long but I wasn't reloading back then, now I tend to camp out for a long time. Ive read that at BOTW they get cranky when you've been on the line a long time.

The new place in Cedar Park is called Shady Oaks and is indeed only 25yds
    http://kickingassgunrange.com/

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I've never had problems with BOTW getting cranky bout me being there a while. You pay for a whole range day if you so choose to use it. Some people will even bring the tailgate grill and make lunch there while they expound a whole case of ammo. Granted I've never been on the bench for more than about 2 1/2 hours but I doubt Eric would get pissy, he's usually really nice and helpful. One thing about BOTW though is it is out in the open and usually very windy, that's the only reason I hesitate to go there to test my rifle loads.

Speaking of windy anyone know how windy ARC usually gets compared to other local ranges, I really want someplace longer than 100yds that I've been shooting at Reds in order to ladder testing so that the results are easier to read. Been considering getting a membership there for a while but never get around to it.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Go on a calm day for testing loads otherwise wind is good. For me long range shooting is honing my skills for hunting and very rarely do I get lucky enough to hunt in perfect conditions. I do all my load development at 100yds and Ive got some pretty good shooting guns for factory no frills junk. Shooting is a big part of the fun for me so I don't mind sending a bunch of rounds down range. Once a load is dialed in its kinda boring unless youre shooting on out there a good ways. Ive always enjoyed the build more than the results, same thing when I was in to hot rods.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Wow 25 yards? (Sorry, still on the new range topic) so it's just a pistol range then. Wonder if that's all the space they could get in CP? Or perhaps it was a permit thing. I guess that'll be nice if I am looking to just shoot pistols, but typically I like to shoot both pistol and rifle in the same trip. Bleh.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    No its eagles peak, no problem with botw other than distance.

25 yrds! Thats a huge disappointment. Ive heard they will upgrade to 50.. but still... Not liking the idea of going down range to set up a target either. I like reds where I can zip the target down.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    No its eagles peak, no problem with botw other than distance.

25 yrds! Thats a huge disappointment. Ive heard they will upgrade to 50.. but still... Not liking the idea of going down range to set up a target either. I like reds where I can zip the target down.

Really? They aren't even going to have target carriers? Man and I was so excited about a new range in the area. Guess I'm waiting 10+ months on Blue Core's range before I give up on Red's then : /

Top Bottom