• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Kind of shocked at the up charge, I know free market weak dollar etc.. but at $15 thats too much, for the drive I gotta make to get there. Guess Ill be waiting for that new range to be built in cedar park. Seems like they changed some rules too.
    Military Camp

Last edited:

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    Kind of shocked at the up charge, I know free market weak dollar etc.. but at $15 thats too much, for the drive I gotta make to get there. Guess Ill be waiting for that new range to be built in cedar park. Seems like they changed some rules too.

What rules did they change?

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Well my buddys dad has been going to that range since 90'. we walked out and got yelled at and downgraded etc right after we stepped out of the office no where near the benchs or the concrete. Everything was zipped up. Didnt bother me, but my neighbor was pissed off. Use to be different.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Well my buddys dad has been going to that range since 90'. we walked out and got yelled at and downgraded etc right after we stepped out of the office no where near the benchs or the concrete. Everything was zipped up. Didnt bother me, but my neighbor was pissed off. Use to be different.

Yelled at for what? By whom?

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    They are very strict. If you don't follow their rules or even look like your going to break it. They will shout and yell at you.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The good news is that there appears to be a lot of new ranges popping up around Austin. More competition ultimately means that bad businesses with bad business owners will weed themselves out of the business and/or customers will simply take their business elsewhere to the establishments that won't treat them like crap. This will go a long way towards eliminating the "cranky old guy syndrome" (owners) that a lot of ranges suffer from.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    feb 2014 is when the range opens in cedar park, I cant wait. I always tell people: Theres no need to yell, if you do yell your just going to make me mad and Ill blow up on ya. So dont yell, dont disrespect me. That range guy could have easily said what he said in calm voice. Also it helps if you post updated rules if you change a rule. They sure do post updated prices..

My neighbor is tempted to walk in with empty gun cases and do the same thing.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Yep, that's my questions. For what and by whom??

I ain't a stray cat or wear an orange jumpsuit, you don't yell at me.

hardcase60

For walking from the door to the pistol bench on a hot range, not even on the concrete yet. The cashier told us it was ok. Pistols in their cases unloaded. Some old guy range officer.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Now here's an idea for throwing up a middle finger to EP. Next range day at BOTW, have everyone meet at EP ( this only works if there is a ton of people) and just let the mgmt. know that if they were a little less shitty to people, they would be getting the business that is going down the road to BOTW( or any other range y'all have a range day at)

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    For walking from the door to the pistol bench on a hot range, not even on the concrete yet. The cashier told us it was ok. Pistols in their cases unloaded. Some old guy range officer.

I think there's a sign inside the shack that says the same thing. I really never understood it and only followed that rule like once. Maybe the very first time I was there. As long as people are handling ammo and guns shooting downrange, what's wrong (besides being the rules) for me to take my unloaded pistol, place it safety pointed down range, bring out ammo, load the pistol and begin shooting ?

This practice is done everywhere at other indoor ranges, granted the ones with motorized target retrieval systems.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    I am done with EP. I used to go there because it was $10 for all day, then I found BOTW and it is like $16 or $17 and thought the extra distance plus the extra price I'd just stick with EP. But now at $15, and yeah with the cranky old men always screamin and yellin at ya, no thanks. I'll go somewhere else. Excited about this place coming to CP. Any details?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Now here's an idea for throwing up a middle finger to EP. Next range day at BOTW, have everyone meet at EP ( this only works if there is a ton of people) and just let the mgmt. know that if they were a little less shitty to people, they would be getting the business that is going down the road to BOTW( or any other range y'all have a range day at)

I actually really like this idea. Sadly, it wouldn't change a thing.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    I actually really like this idea. Sadly, it wouldn't change a thing.

Ditto. Maybe throw in the fact that there's that new range opening up in CP as well. EP is owned by the same people that own the Garland range that just got sued for $1 million. You'd think they'd be doing everything in their power to get more customers, but maybe their "solution" was to raise the price by $5 :-\

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ditto. Maybe throw in the fact that there's that new range opening up in CP as well. EP is owned by the same people that own the Garland range that just got sued for $1 million. You'd think they'd be doing everything in their power to get more customers, but maybe their "solution" was to raise the price by $5 :-\

A significant percentage of these businesses succeed merely by the fact that they have a monopoly on the market in that so many areas rarely have more than 1 or 2 ranges, gun stores, etc. around to choose from. Supply vs demand. When you don't have to try hard because people have very few choices, it tends to let a business owner get lazy, not care about customer service, and in many cases develop a downright unfriendly and antagonistic attitude towards customers.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    A significant percentage of these businesses succeed merely by the fact that they have a monopoly on the market in that so many areas rarely have more than 1 or 2 ranges, gun stores, etc. around to choose from. Supply vs demand. When you don't have to try hard because people have very few choices, it tends to let a business owner get lazy, not care about customer service, and in many cases develop a downright unfriendly and antagonistic attitude towards customers.

High insurance i would think?

Also with the price of land a big range would have a big mortgage no?

As far as shops from what i understand is they make their money off of used guns.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock

Sued for what?

Top Bottom