Priest stands his ground at podium, at a council meeting. Council woman supports him

JColumbus

Well-Known
Jun 28, 2012
Thought you all might like this.

The officers seemed very professional and the council woman deserves a great deal of respect for standing up for this man's first amendment right.

The idiot who violated his right, said he was out of time but was quickly put in his place. Then he came up with another excuse to get the priest to shut up. Good on the priest for standing his ground, the council woman for not just supporting him but offering to meet with him outside, the officers for thinking and not reacting irrationally but professionally.

Priest Nearly Arrested at Council Meeting for Exercising First Amendment - YouTube

Mic

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jan 3, 2009
Austin
At first read of your comment, I thought I was going to begrudgingly agree with that they had the right to remove the Priest. From reading your comment, I thought they were removing him for exceeding a time limit. But they just didn't like what he was saying - "I'm ruling you out of order."

Good Priest. Good argument for somebody else's 1st Amendment rights.

JColumbus

Well-Known
Jun 28, 2012
Sheesh. I better reword it.

He wasn't out of time. In fact the beep can be heard before he walks away, peacefully. The person just wanted a reason to shut him up. Pretty sad.

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
Jan 24, 2011
Grid 0409
If only Priests would stand up against Obama Care, Roe vs. Wade, and the exploitation of illegals.

So far, all I hear is crickets from the Church.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
If only Priests would stand up against Obama Care, Roe vs. Wade, and the exploitation of illegals.

Im not a Catholic but i know a lot of Catholics in the pro-life movement and have met some priests involved along the way. Agree all Bible believing churches and pastors should take a stand.

Mic

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jan 3, 2009
Austin
If only Priests would stand up against ... the exploitation of illegals.

Yeah. Tell them to stay away from here because it is so much worse than where you came from....

TX69

TGT Addict
Dec 23, 2012
DFW
Where did this take place?

Top Bottom