Venture Surplus ad

Priest stands his ground at podium, at a council meeting. Council woman supports him

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Thought you all might like this.

The officers seemed very professional and the council woman deserves a great deal of respect for standing up for this man's first amendment right.

The idiot who violated his right, said he was out of time but was quickly put in his place. Then he came up with another excuse to get the priest to shut up. Good on the priest for standing his ground, the council woman for not just supporting him but offering to meet with him outside, the officers for thinking and not reacting irrationally but professionally.

Priest Nearly Arrested at Council Meeting for Exercising First Amendment - YouTube
    Target Sports

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    At first read of your comment, I thought I was going to begrudgingly agree with that they had the right to remove the Priest. From reading your comment, I thought they were removing him for exceeding a time limit. But they just didn't like what he was saying - "I'm ruling you out of order."

Good Priest. Good argument for somebody else's 1st Amendment rights.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Sheesh. I better reword it.

He wasn't out of time. In fact the beep can be heard before he walks away, peacefully. The person just wanted a reason to shut him up. Pretty sad.

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    If only Priests would stand up against Obama Care, Roe vs. Wade, and the exploitation of illegals.

So far, all I hear is crickets from the Church.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If only Priests would stand up against Obama Care, Roe vs. Wade, and the exploitation of illegals.

Im not a Catholic but i know a lot of Catholics in the pro-life movement and have met some priests involved along the way. Agree all Bible believing churches and pastors should take a stand.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Honestly IMO there shouldn't even be a time limit to redress grievances. Some points take longer than 2 minutes to get across.
    It's standard operating procedure under both Robert's and Bourinot's Rules of Order to place both time limits and to limit the number of times at a meeting that an individual may speak to the same question in order to allow as many people to have their say.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

"exploitation of Illegals"? Here's some advice for them, don't be illegal and you won't get exploited.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Priest stands his ground at podium, at a council meeting. Council woman supp...

Lol but what's the first thing you hear when make an anti-abortion stance. "We aren't a theocracy" I think they do make stands.

the simple fact is federal law prohibits politicking from the pulpit. Or in the name of a religious organization. (Unless of course you're a democrat)

Top Bottom