• easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    0718171550.jpg 0718171551.jpg 0718171552.jpg
    I love how it keeps the shotgun streamline looking.
    0718171553.jpg
    My phone couldn't pick up the dot, but there are several youtube videos that do it justice.

I wanted red dot for my shotgun and of course I first looked at the Aimpoint t1. At around $650 I just couldn't justify paying nearly twice the amount of what the shotgun originally cost.

I knew I wanted something similar in size but not nearly that cost, so I then started looking at sites and videos showing the Bushnell TRS-25 & the Primary Arms RBG II (even here on TGT).
    As I was searching for information I came across the Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot. What I saw as far as reviews and torture tests of the MD-ADS amazed me, and I knew I had to see it and the Aimpoint side by side, I felt it may be too good to be true.

At a local gun store I usually like to go to often because they have a huge selection, but prices are a bit higher than others, I found the Aimpoint t1 and the Primary Arms MD-ADS. Aimpoint is battleground proven and premier among red dots, so I'm not going to say that there is better, but the Primary Arms MD-ADS so similar that I would call it a clone. With 2 MOA, 12 settings, weight (actually a hair less than Aimpoint due to push button instead of dial control), 50,000 hours on battery (same) & clarity (nearly similar) it came very close to what Aimpoint has to offer and at about $170 (Amazon) is less than a third of the cost.

I just got this red dot and it's very hot out right now, but hopefully later I plan on shooting some slugs to zero it in if need be.

I know that Primary Arms is an advertiser here and I am so far very pleased, so I figured I would give them a plug. I will post more after I try it out.

P.S. I couldn't find a thread about this particular red dot, so if there is one I am sorry.
    Guns International

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That looks pretty good on there.

I have always wanted to try a mini red dot on my Dove gun but just can't justify the expense. It already costs me about $50 a bird now on free land.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That looks pretty good on there.

I have always wanted to try a mini red dot on my Dove gun but just can't justify the expense. It already costs me about $50 a bird now on free land.
    $170 is easier to justify than $650 and you don't have to weld it to any one gun.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I have that sight on my PSA AR-15. In fact I used it today at the rifle range. It's a very nice red dot for the money.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Forgot my phone to take pics and after I got it dialed in a few of my neighbors joined and also tried it, they liked it as well. We pretty much destroyed the target since I ran out of slugs and started using buckshot. The stand is ok, just need to put another piece of 1/4" plywood on it, also killed a few milk jugs filled with water.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    They're excellent sights. There's a video of a couple of guys that mounted on an AK-74 and proceed to beat the hell out of the gun and sight came out on the other side.

I've got a PA-ADS, Holosun 403G, a Holosun 403C, and a TruGlo 20mm Red Dot. All are basically the same sight built in the same facotry AFAIK. The 403C has a little solar panel on top that augments the already long battery life. They are all great sights and for what I've been able to outfit 4 long guns with sights for I'm still under the cost of a single Aimpoint. They've all been great and I've not babied them.

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    I have the basic version of this. The Primary Arms Micro Dot, without the push buttons. It's on my Century Arms RAS47. I love the 2MOA dot rather than the 3MOA dot you get with others like the Bushnell T25. Mine has held up very well and kept zero even on the removable side mount. And it was only about $90.

Attachments

• RAS47_PAMD_6585.jpg
      RAS47_PAMD_6585.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 251

ExpensiveHobbies

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2015
    PA optics are some of the best budget optics in the biz! Can really take a beating. Plus you're supporting the local company down in Pearland. Win win!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Put the same red dot on my AR with a with a quick release low riser to line up sights, dead on. I haven't turned it off since I got it, with the 50,000 hours I don't worry about it.

Top Bottom