ARJ Defense ad

Primary Micro Dot - Anyone Had (Have?) One?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Advanced_Micro_Dot_with_Push_Buttons_p/md-ads.htm

Has anyone played with one of these? Looks from the site like it's got a picatinny mount built in.

I have been running an Aimpoint PRO on my PS90, and I love the PRO, but it just sits too high on that rail. My options are to try the LaRue mount for it which is ultra low for about the same price, or switch to an Aimpoint Micro H or T 1.

Or this. Considering that the cost fo the new Aimpoints gives me heartburn just thinking about it, and considering that these have a 5K hour battery life, I'm really leaning this way.....what are y'all's thoughts?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Recently picked up the MD-ADS. Also have a Aimpoint PRO.

I am pleased with the MD-ADS. I do like the flip up covers on the PRO and wish the MD-ADS had them. But paying twice as much to get them is a little rough.

As far as usage, I really see no difference in the two. I have read the PRO may be more durable, but the MD-ADS may well be adequate for my needs.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Other than the windage and elevation adjustments moving the same amount per click I like it. Was a pain in the ass to zero because of the adjustment issue but since then has been good. Never read of anyone else having that problem with them though. From some of the beatings people have put them through Id say theyre good to go. I like it a lot better than their older version. The dot isnt as bright as an aimpoint but the only time it left me wanting more was when shooting into the setting sun. I wouldnt use it on a defensive rifle but have no problem using it on my range toy/sometimes hunting rifle.
    IMG_20150621_085804_zpsubdf55cy.jpg

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    ARTailgate_zps5be98fe7.jpg

I've been using a PA MicroDot for about 1 1/2 - 2 years now. I've put probably about 1,800 rnds through my rifle with it by now. So far, it's never lost zero or had any electrical issues. At one meet, Clark and I put 800 rnds downrange in about an hour and it stayed strong the whole time. I've seen one guy on youtube shoot his red dot with a shotgun and it kept ticking.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I just mounted my MD-ADS yesterday and took it to the range today. It worked flawlessly. It will mount directly to a weaver rail, but I have an A2 front sight, so I need a medium height riser.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Supposedly the Aimpoint will last three years on a setting of 7. Has no off/on switch.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    The PA MD-ADS supposedly has a 50K hour battery life on low setting. A bit over 5 1/2 years. It does have an on/off switch tho.

subseashooter

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Doing some googling, I found this....

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/4...ing-response-primary-arms-md-ads-red-dot.html

I'm incredibility impressed with the company's emailed reply to this guy, and I think it's made me a buyer. The reason I have the PS 90 in my truck is for getting loose dogs away from cattle in a pasture, and if SHTF, 50 rounds on tap is awfully comforting. And if there was a parallax issue within 30 yards and SHTF, I'll defer back to the 50 round statement... If it's that bad, and that close, sights may not be used at all.

I think this is going to be my next splurge....and look for an Aimpoint in the classifieds when I get back to the States.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Doing some googling, I found this....

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/4...ing-response-primary-arms-md-ads-red-dot.html

I'm incredibility impressed with the company's emailed reply to this guy, and I think it's made me a buyer. The reason I have the PS 90 in my truck is for getting loose dogs away from cattle in a pasture, and if SHTF, 50 rounds on tap is awfully comforting. And if there was a parallax issue within 30 yards and SHTF, I'll defer back to the 50 round statement... If it's that bad, and that close, sights may not be used at all.

I think this is going to be my next splurge....and look for an Aimpoint in the classifieds when I get back to the States.
    That is a very interesting response from PA. Them stating the truth (and agreeing with how I feel about their products) is very refreshing. Good on them for the honesty.

Techna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Magnolia, Texas
    That is a very interesting response from PA. Them stating the truth (and agreeing with how I feel about their products) is very refreshing. Good on them for the honesty.
    That's their typical response when asked to compare their Micro Dot sights to Aim Point and other far more expensive offerings. You'll get that from not only the employees, but the owner as well. I order from Primary Arms as my first choice (if they carry what I'm shopping for) and drive over to pick up my purchase. I do so because from the very first order, I have never been treated like anything other than a valued customer. Sorry to gush, but we all know that it's often a roll of the dice as to how you'll be treated by a retailer. Primary has been solid in every respect.

subseashooter

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Thanks for chiming in Techna! I didn't realize that they were based in the Houston area. For some reason I thought that they were in central Texas. Going to have to go and pay them a visit when I get back! :D

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Thanks for chiming in Techna! I didn't realize that they were based in the Houston area. For some reason I thought that they were in central Texas. Going to have to go and pay them a visit when I get back! :D

Be forewarned that they are not a typical brick-and-mortar store. The storefront is pretty much just for picking orders up, to avoid shipping charges.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    ^yup. Nice place, though. Mike, who is the storefront manager, can help you with any questions you have. The place is literally jogging distance from my parents house.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom