Military Camp

Primary Micro Dot - Anyone Had (Have?) One?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Not true. Aimpoints do have an off position on the dial.

My Aimpoint PRO does not have an off position. Maybe yours does. It has settings for night vision, where the dot is not visible to the naked eye. But no off position.
    Lynx Defense

bignic83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    My Aimpoint PRO does not have an off position. Maybe yours does. It has settings for night vision, where the dot is not visible to the naked eye. But no off position.

It clearly does have an off position. See instructions below. I always thought the PRO was not NV capable, that is what kept the cost down compared to the T1's and Comps. Mine is not NV capable.

View attachment 35128

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    The PRO is NV capable, and has an off setting. The first 4 positions after off are NV and cannot be seen with the naked eye. So much FUD in this thread lol.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Here you go:

10 positions, 6 daylight and 4 NVD. That adds up to 10. No on/off switch position.

Can't get the stupid screen grab to upload with this forum's software.

Just search on the "AIMPOINT PRO manual". Look on page 2 under "Specifications", then "Switch, dot brightness"

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Lol. It's 10 positions beside the off position. I have one.

Maybe I have a defective PRO. I only have ten positions - period. As verified by again turning the knob to make sure I had not miscounted.

Mystery...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Came from authorized dealer. In original box. Has S/N engraved on side. Distinct clicks. Red dot.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    That's their typical response when asked to compare their Micro Dot sights to Aim Point and other far more expensive offerings. You'll get that from not only the employees, but the owner as well. I order from Primary Arms as my first choice (if they carry what I'm shopping for) and drive over to pick up my purchase. I do so because from the very first order, I have never been treated like anything other than a valued customer. Sorry to gush, but we all know that it's often a roll of the dice as to how you'll be treated by a retailer. Primary has been solid in every respect.
    Hmmm, with all that said, I'm surprised they haven't come out with an Aimpoint-grade optic yet. I would imagine with the goodwill they've built up, it would be a hit. I guess it would have to be used in military & LEO to get any sort of credibility like that though.

Thanks for posting this, I've been looking for red dots, and I shall take a look at PA. :-)

Techna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Magnolia, Texas
    Hmmm, with all that said, I'm surprised they haven't come out with an Aimpoint-grade optic yet. I would imagine with the goodwill they've built up, it would be a hit.
    They may yet. They have a new 1-8 scope coming out which is in the 1200-1300 dollar price range and set to be a premium product type offering. If it turns out to be truly competitive with scopes costing much more, and if the "right people" proclaim it to be great, and if sales of it are brisk, I can see them expanding to include other higher end products. Their Advanced Micro Dot is already a higher priced improvement (better waterproofing and 50k hrs battery life) over the earlier Micro Dot..... Which was/is a great product that I have two of. :)
    be934df23a444cbd336dc5ab904ad23c_zpsa8cb19e7.jpg

Last edited:

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    The MD-ADS'is suppose to be their T1 quality red dot. It's about 80% of what the T1 is but its also only 25% of the price.

kbak67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Took the AR I put together out with the Micro Dot I had been saving up (the original type) with AR height base. I was really surprised how bright it was. I dialed down to a 3 to sight in at 50 yards then played with it out to 100 yards. For what I'm doing with that rifle I think it was money well spent. very impressed and happy with it for the price

Top Bottom