• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Rare as hens teeth, but it's out there if you're lucky enough. Powder Valley has been good to me. Picked up 5k Win 209 primers, 1k Win LPP on this shipment. Previous one I was able to get 5k CCI SPP.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I was really being facetious... Even at the prices some are selling for on this forum, I would still buy primers if I really needed them. I am fairly set for primers, haven't really depended on reloading except for 45LC and .300bo (though I have dies and supplies for every major caliber I own) , but if the price ever drops on primers, I will surely buy some up!

I did stock up on kitchen matches last year, though for other reasons, and vacuum sealed them with silica gel packets in the boxes.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I was just reading an article from NRA on ammo and components. They said that there are only 2 American manufacturers of primers: Winchester and Vista. Both of them are putting 100% of their primers into loaded ammo, because the demand is so high. Both have also increased prices by 15% this year. Don't look for primers to show up until the ammo shortage ends.

Nothing in the article could account for why foreign companies are not filling the gap. The Russians (Wolf), Serbians (PRVI), Koreans (PMC), Brazilians (Magtech), Mexicans (Aguila), Italians (Fiocchi), Isrealis (IMI), and Czechs (Sellier & Bellot) should all be cashing in on the situation.

Top Bottom