• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Does anyone know of any LOCAL stores that stock TULA Primers? They are the Russian shit but they are non corrosive and they have the 5.56 small rifle primers with reinforced cups to prevent slam fires in the SEMI auto's. OH and they are $17.00 per 1k instead of the $35.

If anyone knows where any cheap local primers are regardless let me know :). Just to add something here are some cheap projectiles you can get in the .223. They are from Midsouth Shooters supply and are very cheap for what they are. 55grn Soft Point With Cann. https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=0000422455SP500

I weighed out 10 of them on my digi scale 3 out of the 10 were 49.9+/- .001 the other 7 were 55 on the dot. That is just great for plinking, varmint, and possible hog with good shot placement. I have shot many bargain soft points over the years and these are very shiny, rather elongated for the weight (almost as long as fmj 55grn) and seem to be consistent in weight. They also seat with no issues what so ever(unlike cheap surplus I have used) or anything with poor sizing.

$42 shipped for 500 if we get 4 people to do a group buy on 2k.

IMAG0001..jpg IMAG0004..jpg
    EDIT* if you see small variations in the COL on some of my rounds its b/c this is plinking ammo for this weekend and if the Case length is within the SAFE zone I do not trim them. So some of that brass was shot in different guns so there are those slight variations.
    ARJ Defense ad

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    And Powder Valley has them for $20 per thousand. You would have to buy a ton to defray the hazmat fee but they are available online. I'm still burning through the Wolf primers bought when primers were not to be found anywhere.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Yeah I have found them online for $17.00 but with a $25 hazmat fee and $12 shipping fee on top of it you are talking over $50.00 .. Which is ridiculous.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    If you buy 10k @ $17 plus $25 hazmat and probably the same shipping; around $21. Mix and max primer sizes and get friends to do a group buy and the cost goes down. It's the only way to buy primers on the 'net unless you have tons of disposable income and most of us don't. Local prices work out to about 2.4 cents per primer-huge online orders are around 2 cents per primer. Not a huge savings but does add-up over time if you shoot a lot. Good luck in finding primers in your area.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    We should start an austinites group buy in the future on primers.. cause damn those TULA primers at 17$ per k.. DANG. When I plink steel or shoot rabbits I am all about cheap softpoints, low loads(helps suppressor), and cheap primers.

I guess we should test a lot of them though before we go buying them up. A few of my friends went and got those 1000round boxes at cabelas though when they sold all that TULA at discount prices.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom