Private Handgun Purchase Bill Of Sale

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Clint1994, Dec 18, 2017.

1. MTA89

MTA89 Build the wall TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    North Texas

Yep. I rely on two things before I meet someone, statistics and my gut.

Exactly. My credit is already on lockdown and I watch my current credit lines like a shit hawk. You can't be too careful today especially as morality is becoming non existent.

2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, in the example cited, the gun was obtained illegally, so it doesn't really matter if it had been sold, he would have gotten one from somewhere else.

ETA: Ninja'd

V-Tach likes this.
  3. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Unless I know the person, I put more faith in the feedback statistics on this and other forums. Anyone can turn bad later, but at least the odds are with you based on the feedback.

pronstar likes this.
  4. OJ knives

OJ knives New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Sold a pistol this past weekend on TGT. Asked buyer if he'd be willing to flash his drivers license to prove residency. He says " no problem, I also have a CCP and sends me a photo of both. He ended up being a friend of a friend I had met before. I told him all I wanted was to see it not that I wanted his info. I erased it from phone as soon as he sent it. Some people are too free with their info.

5. Coiled

Coiled Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Huntsville-ish
    What state / country are you in?

6. OJ knives

OJ knives New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Here in Tx.

7. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    And he said 'CCP' instead of 'LTC' or 'CHL?' That would be a concern until I saw said actual LTC/CHL...

I would also never send a copy of my DL/LTC to anyone. I don't mind briefly showing it to someone, but never send an image of it!

Good thing you deleted it, but given his freely sending it I don't know if you helped him very much!