• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Absolutely agree about profiling people. I don't care if people think it's wrong. I should be able to use my better judgement to make a wise decision. If that includes not selling to the thug homie, white, black, Mexican whatever then I will not. Even if you are an old timer driving a new vette to the meet I'm not giving up my home address.

Yep. I rely on two things before I meet someone, statistics and my gut.

Most people don't understand how much of their personally identifiable information is already available. Even something as simple as a cell phone number can be easily used to research other info such as a person's name, address, etc. It can all be obtained legally with no hacking involved, which is why it is imperative not to voluntarily divulge any more info than you have to. If a seller requires data that isn't required by law, then I will walk away from the sale. If they don't trust me, why should I trust them?

Exactly. My credit is already on lockdown and I watch my current credit lines like a shit hawk. You can't be too careful today especially as morality is becoming non existent.
    Gun Zone Deals

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, in the example cited, the gun was obtained illegally, so it doesn't really matter if it had been sold, he would have gotten one from somewhere else.

ETA: Ninja'd

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Unless I know the person, I put more faith in the feedback statistics on this and other forums. Anyone can turn bad later, but at least the odds are with you based on the feedback.

OJ knives

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2017
    Sold a pistol this past weekend on TGT. Asked buyer if he'd be willing to flash his drivers license to prove residency. He says " no problem, I also have a CCP and sends me a photo of both. He ended up being a friend of a friend I had met before. I told him all I wanted was to see it not that I wanted his info. I erased it from phone as soon as he sent it. Some people are too free with their info.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Here in Tx.

And he said 'CCP' instead of 'LTC' or 'CHL?' That would be a concern until I saw said actual LTC/CHL...

I would also never send a copy of my DL/LTC to anyone. I don't mind briefly showing it to someone, but never send an image of it!

Good thing you deleted it, but given his freely sending it I don't know if you helped him very much!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom