Gun Zone Deals

Private owner need to know the proper way to sell silencer to individual same state

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • decadude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Denton, TX
    Same can but I wasn't clear about selling to someone in the same state and no I do not want to add them to my trust. I was just wanting clarity is all.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    You cant physically give your buyer to the silencer until he has been approved. So you will have to wait like him to officially sell it to him.
    If you take his money, be prepared to give it back to him if he isnt approved.

Failure to give his money back if he isnt approved or go give him the silencer before he is approved is a violation of federal law and could generate massive fines and or jail time for you.

Honestly your best bet is to go to a FFL and trade it in on on another weapon or silencer.

Heres the thing, if you trade it in on another silencer you dont habe to pay another $200 for a tax stamp and wait another 10 months to get approved.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Tax stamp is tied to the serial number on the suppressor, is what I’ve been told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Failure to give his money back if he isnt approved ... is a violation of federal law and could generate massive fines and or jail time for you.

Heres the thing, if you trade it in on another silencer you dont habe to pay another $200 for a tax stamp and wait another 10 months to get approved.

Heres the thing, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    You cant physically give your buyer to the silencer until he has been approved. So you will have to wait like him to officially sell it to him.
    If you take his money, be prepared to give it back to him if he isnt approved.

Failure to give his money back if he isnt approved or go give him the silencer before he is approved is a violation of federal law and could generate massive fines and or jail time for you.

Honestly your best bet is to go to a FFL and trade it in on on another weapon or silencer.

This is pretty incorrect. There's no federal law about not giving him his money back. If he gets disapproved, you can absolutely keep that money. It all depends on how you agreed on the sale. That money could have went to your storage fees and headache. He may press it in civil court, but that's not even close to a federal matter.

Going to an FFL to trade it in is probably the worst idea... the financial hit is TREMENDOUS. (You're out $200 out of the gate to transfer to a FFL/SOT, and used cans aren't worth much at all.

Whoever stated you don't have to pay a $200 transfer tax and wait needs to stop being a dealer, that's wildly incorrect. There is not a single NFA transfer that doesn't require some sort of wait and paperwork. The $200 tax happens and you wait, and wait some more. The only way to bypass the $200 tax is if it goes to someone via Form 5 and you're dead.

Top Bottom