• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    With security cameras, I wouldn't even count on at gun shows. I like Baretta's old saying "Don't do da crime if you can't do da time."

Goes without saying you should not break the law, but it also goes without saying nobody needs to know your business. Just basic 101 PERSEC says keep it anonymous.
    Gun Zone Deals

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Best of my recollections, the laws in Texas regarding private gun transactions are pretty simple. You can't sell to someone that doesn't reside in the state of Texas. You can't KNOWINGLY sell a gun to a prohibited person. (Unless they tell you, you seller has no way to determine that.) And you can't sell a gun to a minor.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Simple. You ask if I live in Texas, I hand over money, you hand over gun. Bye.
    Sounds simple, but doesn't happen in a vacuum. Somebody ran an ad, somebody hooked two people up, phone calls, vehicles...security cameras, etc. If they get the buyer and the gun, and he's in trouble, he'll remember every thing he was supposed to forget if it gets him a pass. It could happen just as you say. It's better for me if I showed due diligence and asked to see your license. Personal choice. I've done it especially when the person buying looked like a teenager. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here, just to consider options.

Personally, I'm done. Have everything I've wanted and have as of last night sold everything I didn't want anymore. I'll die with what I have, I hope. Plenty of ammo, now we'll see if I live long enough to shoot it all up, or do my boys get it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Like Renegade posted, that knowingly part still exists...that helps.

You the seller can't really knowingly know much of anything about the buyer, but what they tell you. Even if they show an ID, how can you determine that ID is real, or a fake? You can't. How would you determine if that buyer is a prohibited person or not? You can't. And IF they were prohibited, are you expecting they would tell you the truth if you asked? Probably not!

So that "knowingly" part is pretty hard to prove with selling to a person you have never met before and know nothing about, except for they tell you.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Knowingly isn't a demand you have to meet, it's a reasonableness built into the law to give you an out. Is it reasonable that a person from Mississippi would have a TX Dlic in his name? No...but if he is from MS and lying to me...I made a reasonable decision and didn't KNOW he was lying. If he's babyfaced and I see an ID that shows he's of age...same reasonable decision based on what I saw. The crime exists when you had knowledge they were non-resident or under age or a felon and STILL sold. It's what you decide given the facts you know. The law doesn't currently require you to prove anything.

What THEY want to do is remove that decision/judgement from us by having NO transfers taking place without background checks and paperwork....another instance of "You don't know how to run your business...we're gonna run it for you."

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Best of my recollections, the laws in Texas regarding private gun transactions are pretty simple. You can't sell to someone that doesn't reside in the state of Texas. You can't KNOWINGLY sell a gun to a prohibited person. (Unless they tell you, you seller has no way to determine that.) And you can't sell a gun to a minor.

you might want to change that first one to you cant knowingly sell a gun to someone who does not live in the state.

if you don't ask and he does not tell you then you can't know he is not a resident.

Top Bottom