• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZTatZAU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2019
    Midwest
    I think Federal law prohibits both incidents your questions pose.
    But, I rarely understand legalese...
    As is apparent ZX9RCAM, I'm having the same problem!

What's funny though, is believing that any of this crap is making anyone any safer!

ZT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Or should I just post this?

upload_2019-4-19_13-55-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-19_13-55-15.png
      upload_2019-4-19_13-55-15.png
      90.7 KB · Views: 214

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Tell him to use Ship My Gun. I have used them twice in the past two weeks to ship pistols. It's a very smooth process and you just drop the package off at the nearest manned location. I'm guessing a rifle will be around 25.00 for ground. Tell him to include a copy of his license and make sure your FFL accepts shipments from individuals.

https://www.shipmygun.com/go/index.php

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks for your clarification Renegade!

I thought remembered reading somewhere this morning that Texas will allow private sales to non-residents as long as the seller verifies the buyer is not prohibited from buying a firearm and any laws governing the transfer of firearms in the buyer's state are followed. For a buyer in Illinois, this would require the private seller to verify, via a state police website (or phone call), that the buyer has a valid FOID card.

Texas does not require any verification. Texas does not care what the laws are in your state and whether your state allows you to buy a gun.

It is all moot since Federal law is more strict and must be followed.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    So what I'm still wondering is... Does federal law prohibit the transfer (i.e. The shipping of the firearm) from a seller in one state to a buyer in another state? Or, does the federal law prohibit the actual sale of a firearm by a seller in one state to a buyer in another state?

ZT

ANY interstate sales MUST go through an FFL. Stop. Period. End of story.

A Texas resident can't ship a firearm directly to you. It HAS to go through an FFL.

ZTatZAU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2019
    Midwest
    It is all moot since Federal law is more strict and must be followed.
    Well that about sums things up Renegade! I guess there's no way around using an FFL for this interstate transfer.

I just spoke to a local FFL, recommended to me by a friend, who does accept shipments from individual non-FFL sellers. His total charge for both rifles and the required background check will be $25 which I thought was quite reasonable.

Thanks again to everyone! I do appreciate your replies and the information you all provided!

ZT

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Well that about sums things up Renegade! I guess there's no way around using an FFL for this interstate transfer.

I just spoke to a local FFL, recommended to me by a friend, who does accept shipments from individual non-FFL sellers. His total charge for both rifles and the required background check will be $25 which I thought was quite reasonable.

Thanks again to everyone! I do appreciate your replies and the information you all provided!

ZT
    As a former resident of Illinois I can tell you there is no legal way to transfer a firearm from another state that does not require an FFL. Most FFL's in IL won't even deal with "individual" transfers. Also, if you move out of IL your "privileges" (their words) will be revoked as soon as you change your address. I still have a unexpired IL DL, FOID, and CCW and as far as IL is concerned I can't even buy a box of 22lr ammo if I'm visiting.

On another note...I could really go for a beef and a dog right now. While you're at it throw in Malnati's/Giordano's pizza or two.

Top Bottom