Join TexasGunTalk

Private Sales and Universal Background Checks - gaining momentum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cporfe, May 24, 2019.

1. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Subscribed!

2. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Can't believe this is up for discussion yet again so soon after the last thread.

Texasgordo and toddnjoyce like this.
  3. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    90% favor. And 90% of statistics are made up on the spot.

TheMailMan and Sam7sf like this.
  4. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    Oh gawd, somebody 'made me' read this thread, wait.......

jordanmills, Texasgordo and Sam7sf like this.
  5. cporfe

cporfe Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Austin
    To Southpaw: As the OP, here's my response.

It was a nice social experiment to see what people thought after the last round of discussions. As the other post, there are the folks who only think of themselves and their freedom, and very little about protecting the collective 2A supporters fighting Universal Background Checks. Part of my fight is to prove to anyone listening that I can be responsible in my personal sales and don't need the government in Washington to tell me how to do it. Although the Democrats with AOC, Sanders, Pelosi and potentially Biden more than willing to change that.

Then there are the others who already had their mind made up and used their comments to ridicule. As for the person who wanted me to post the individual cases of people who have been sued in civil court because of this; please post a comprehensive list of those who have not.

For those who think a BOS is not protection or does not show "due diligence", have you ever been in a court proceeding and had to explain why your actions were "reasonable and prudent to the events"? Better ask Mas Ayoob about those standards. You better yet, show me a court case where a BOS was used and didn't show due diligence.

And finally, to those who think it'll never happen in Texas; where did you guys get Beto? "In 2018, Democratic Congressman Beto O'Rourke lost his Senate bid to the incumbent Ted Cruz by about 200,000 votes; a significant gain for Democrats in the state. O'Rourke's performance in the 2018 Senate race has shaken the notion of Republican dominance in Texas, with analysts predicting greater gains for the Democrats going into the 2020s." This according to newspaper accounts. Up until 1961, Texas was a Blue state. Can this change to Blue happen again??

I want my grandkids and great-grandkits to grow up here with all their freedoms intact in a definitely Red state. So, with this I end my post and replies thereto.

PS: If you don't like what I say, please block me. It'll be easier on both of us if you don't have to read my opinions and I won't have to read yours'

6. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    See, this being America, I don't have to prove shit in court. THEY have to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that I acted negligent or with criminal intent.

7. cporfe

cporfe Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Austin
    You obviously are confused. My whole point is the civil liability court, where the rules require you to show you were reasonable and prudent in your actions. A split jury for the plaintiff still means you lose.

8. Sam7sf

Sam7sf TGT Addict

This.

9. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Nope, because I do not do BOS there would be no way to find me and send me to court.

Have, he cannot come up with any cases where a person who sold anonymously without a BOS ever was found, much less had to go to court.

John Shipley. Next.

jordanmills, TX OMFS, Hoji and 2 others like this.
  10. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, that depends, how did the two of you (buyer/seller) initially make contact?