• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    I miss the farm. I don’t mind going to a public range. I don’t mind paying to use a range. What I don’t like is large groups of people. I’m looking for a private range or even private land where I guy could sight in a rifle or break in a barrel without worrying about the guy a few lanes down who shouldn’t be unsupervised around firearms.
    If y’all know of a place or even have a place where I could set up a bench and do a little work, let me know. If not, what would be a good range to go to in the Ft. Worth area?
    Thanks.
    Lynx Defense

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    following. need to take my twins out, they're turning 9 in a month and have been ready for a little while... late bloomers as most twins are.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    While a good drive (abt 80mi) I'm a member of Big Rock Gun Club outside of Eustace, Tx (on 175). All members have access during daylight hours. Concrete shooting benches and up to 500 yds. If the range isn't busy (seldom is) you can homestead a bench all day long if you wanted to. I have a 9 yr old grandson who is a member. Of course he must be supervised but he loves to shoot and will steady go thru some 22 ammo. If you would like to make a drive out guests are allowed ($10 range fee). Look at brgc.net. We can meet up and I can usually find a gkid or 2.

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    While a good drive (abt 80mi) I'm a member of Big Rock Gun Club outside of Eustace, Tx (on 175). All members have access during daylight hours. Concrete shooting benches and up to 500 yds. If the range isn't busy (seldom is) you can homestead a bench all day long if you wanted to. I have a 9 yr old grandson who is a member. Of course he must be supervised but he loves to shoot and will steady go thru some 22 ammo. If you would like to make a drive out guests are allowed ($10 range fee). Look at brgc.net. We can meet up and I can usually find a gkid or 2.
    That’s a little too far out for me. GPS is showing right at 104 miles. Sounds like a great place. If I can find some time I’d like to check it out. Thanks.

Last edited:

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I live in FtW and drive about 50min to TDSA Range in Ferris TX. The web site is under construction but phone # is there - tdsa.net Len is the owner and is a good guy. Private range with liberal rules as long as you can show him you can do it safely.

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    If you don't care about price there are some pretty good clubs southwest and south of fort worth. Triple C Tactical is what I'd recommend first @Green Eye Tactical hosted our Fort Worth Meet up out there last year and it was a blast.. They are top notch, but pricey.
    Triple C is about perfect for my needs. A little spendy, but it’s close to Benbrook and opens early enough. Sounds like a good place to start. Thanks.

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    I live in FtW and drive about 50min to TDSA Range in Ferris TX. The web site is under construction but phone # is there - tdsa.net Len is the owner and is a good guy. Private range with liberal rules as long as you can show him you can do it safely.
    Are they mostly a handgun range? Found them on google mags. Neat looking setup.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX

I used to be a member there and loved it. Only reason I'm no longer a member is because I was on a waiting list for another local club and the wait finally ended.

Anyway, it had several 25 yd pistol bays and a 200 yd rifle range. I don't know what it's like now, but at the time the owner was planning to lengthen the rifle range out further.

Some of Colion Noir's YouTube videos were shot at TDSA. It uses recycled tires as part of its protective berm system.

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    I used to be a member there and loved it. Only reason I'm no longer a member is because I was on a waiting list for another local club and the wait finally ended.

Anyway, it had several 25 yd pistol bays and a 200 yd rifle range. I don't know what it's like now, but at the time the owner was planning to lengthen the rifle range out further.

Some of Colion Noir's YouTube videos were shot at TDSA. It uses recycled tires as part of its protective berm system.
    I thought that might have been the place. Looked like it on Google maps anyways.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013

Sorry for delay in responding. No, rifles are allowed and they have a 200yard range I believe.
    I take my AR carbine to the bays all the time. You can't shoot the metal poppers and you can't shoot a shotgun at the rubber tire backings. I can take a never-attended guest 1X for free so holler if you want to set something up.

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    Sorry for delay in responding. No, rifles are allowed and they have a 200yard range I believe.
    I take my AR carbine to the bays all the time. You can't shoot the metal poppers and you can't shoot a shotgun at the rubber tire backings. I can take a never-attended guest 1X for free so holler if you want to set something up.
    Thanks. Finding time is the hard part, but when I do I’ll let you know.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom