Privated run gun buy-back ?

Shorts

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Texas
As we sit here locked in our tiny little room we come up with all kinds of conversation and wouldn't it be cool ifs to throw around.

How about a private gun buy back?

Anyone interested could gather up. We throw into a pool of money. At the end of the day some method in place to pick out and disperse the goods.

I wonder what the legalities are. I'd like to say that FTF transfers are perfectly legal. But if some anti got wind and got things up their crawl, someone would find a way to shut the operation down based on 'it just can't be legal'

308nato

TGT Addict
Mar 9, 2008
Between Tomball & Waller
Hey I would go for say 75.00 for your unwanted gun in good to very good
condition.
take out some radio time for a place and date and set up a table.
To make your home safer also call this number and we will be happy to
pick it up.

okie556

Well-Known
Feb 12, 2009
Longview, TX
quote=ShortsAs we sit here locked in our tiny little room we come up with all kinds of conversation and wouldn't it be cool ifs to throw around.

How about a private gun buy back?

Anyone interested could gather up. We throw into a pool of money. At the end of the day some method in place to pick out and disperse the goods.

I wonder what the legalities are. I'd like to say that FTF transfers are perfectly legal. But if some anti got wind and got things up their crawl, someone would find a way to shut the operation down based on 'it just can't be legal'

Shorts,

Rainy day here in Longview.........amazing what goes through one's head! I've seen some of these buy backs advertised in the past and wondered about the legal loop holes as well. Anyway.........count me in if you come up with a plan.

Okie556

M. Sage

TGT Addict
Jan 21, 2009
San Antonio
I think you'd need an FFL to do this, simply because of the volume. Then there's the chances that you'll wind up with weapons that are either stolen and/or have been used in crimes and belong in an evidence locker. They may be somewhat narrow, though, since most buy-backs get people looking to turn in cheap, useless junkers that aren't worth anything anyway.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
You don't need an FFL unless you plan to re-sell them for a profit, ie. conducting business.

There's nothing in the Texas penal code that limits the number of transactions in a day for firearms between two individuals, or even FFL dealers for that matter.

It'd be interesting to say the least.

Shorts

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Texas
That's what I was thinking Alan. It's all private transactions and it would be done once and not for profit. Property/location would matter (public/private). I'm sure a well advertised venture would attract some undercover LEs as well as unsavory types trying to get deals under the table. I'm pretty safe to speak the unspoken that nothing gets resold or traded once it is taken in.

The thought did cross my mind that some stolen guns would come up. As bummed as I'd be if it were a keeper, I'm more than glad to get that firearm back to its rightful owner. I wouldn't object to working with someone to check serial numbers the day after.

No doubt there would be junkers turned in. Whoever turns in junkers get a Whataburger meal

How about the max cash return based on calibers? .22= $22, 9mm (.35")=$35, .38=$38, .45=$45. Hmm on second thought, those might be high.

Another idea, do a gun buyback during a holiday. If it were Thanksgiving, give a free turkey for each gun On second thought, I wouldn't mind having a freezer full of brisket and ribs and each gun gets one. (keep the actual cash/gift cards down and regulate costs without noting actual cash value)

Heck, if we had certain political Tshirts on hand I bet we could get a lot of guns for free! : O

Also, take ammo too. I'd be concerned about shooting it if it wasn't factory sealed, but it'd be interesting to see what shows up.

navyguy

TGT Addict
Oct 22, 2008
DFW Keller
Shorts, you guys need to get out of that "Littel Room"

Interesting idea. Wonder how the media would react to such a thing?

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members