• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    As we sit here locked in our tiny little room we come up with all kinds of conversation and wouldn't it be cool ifs to throw around.

How about a private gun buy back?

Anyone interested could gather up. We throw into a pool of money. At the end of the day some method in place to pick out and disperse the goods.

I wonder what the legalities are. I'd like to say that FTF transfers are perfectly legal. But if some anti got wind and got things up their crawl, someone would find a way to shut the operation down based on 'it just can't be legal'
    Hurley's Gold

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Hey I would go for say 75.00 for your unwanted gun in good to very good
    condition.
    take out some radio time for a place and date and set up a table.
    To make your home safer also call this number and we will be happy to
    pick it up.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    quote=ShortsAs we sit here locked in our tiny little room we come up with all kinds of conversation and wouldn't it be cool ifs to throw around.

How about a private gun buy back?

Anyone interested could gather up. We throw into a pool of money. At the end of the day some method in place to pick out and disperse the goods.

I wonder what the legalities are. I'd like to say that FTF transfers are perfectly legal. But if some anti got wind and got things up their crawl, someone would find a way to shut the operation down based on 'it just can't be legal'

Shorts,

Rainy day here in Longview.........amazing what goes through one's head! I've seen some of these buy backs advertised in the past and wondered about the legal loop holes as well. Anyway.........count me in if you come up with a plan.

Okie556

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I think you'd need an FFL to do this, simply because of the volume. Then there's the chances that you'll wind up with weapons that are either stolen and/or have been used in crimes and belong in an evidence locker. They may be somewhat narrow, though, since most buy-backs get people looking to turn in cheap, useless junkers that aren't worth anything anyway.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You don't need an FFL unless you plan to re-sell them for a profit, ie. conducting business.

There's nothing in the Texas penal code that limits the number of transactions in a day for firearms between two individuals, or even FFL dealers for that matter.

It'd be interesting to say the least.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    That's what I was thinking Alan. It's all private transactions and it would be done once and not for profit. Property/location would matter (public/private). I'm sure a well advertised venture would attract some undercover LEs as well as unsavory types trying to get deals under the table. I'm pretty safe to speak the unspoken that nothing gets resold or traded once it is taken in.

The thought did cross my mind that some stolen guns would come up. As bummed as I'd be if it were a keeper, I'm more than glad to get that firearm back to its rightful owner. I wouldn't object to working with someone to check serial numbers the day after.

No doubt there would be junkers turned in. Whoever turns in junkers get a Whataburger meal

How about the max cash return based on calibers? .22= $22, 9mm (.35")=$35, .38=$38, .45=$45. Hmm on second thought, those might be high.

Another idea, do a gun buyback during a holiday. If it were Thanksgiving, give a free turkey for each gun On second thought, I wouldn't mind having a freezer full of brisket and ribs and each gun gets one. (keep the actual cash/gift cards down and regulate costs without noting actual cash value)

Heck, if we had certain political Tshirts on hand I bet we could get a lot of guns for free! : O

Also, take ammo too. I'd be concerned about shooting it if it wasn't factory sealed, but it'd be interesting to see what shows up.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Shorts, you guys need to get out of that "Littel Room"

Interesting idea. Wonder how the media would react to such a thing?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I have all the time in the world for my brainstormin' You folks have all seen the weather lately - it ain't no coincidence

Handling the media - we are pro-gun folks looking to clean up the streets. While we don't agree with some politics of D.C. gun control we understand the need to keep guns off the streets, out of criminals hands and out of the reach of children. Especially in light of all these US guns allegedly making their way to Mexico, its a grassroots effort to clean up our border and quell the violence in our own way, with our own hands. We are citizens taking action in our own community.

Undoubtedly the question will be asked: What will you do with all the guns you collect?

Answer: Primary goal is to get guns off the streets and can count on them not ever ending up in the hands of criminals.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I have all the time in the world for my brainstormin' You folks have all seen the weather lately - it ain't no coincidence

Handling the media - we are pro-gun folks looking to clean up the streets. While we don't agree with some politics of D.C. gun control we understand the need to keep guns off the streets, out of criminals hands and out of the reach of children. Especially in light of all these US guns allegedly making their way to Mexico, its a grassroots effort to clean up our border and quell the violence in our own way, with our own hands. We are citizens taking action in our own community.

Undoubtedly the question will be asked: What will you do with all the guns you collect?

Answer: Primary goal is to get guns off the streets and can count on them not ever ending up in the hands of criminals.

Outstanding!!!
    Great idea Shorts;)
    I'll be watching and if this turns into a DFW thing, count me in for help.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

You think you'd get a fair chance to actually answer questions in the current media?

That is a great answer, but you aren't going to get the chance. It will simply be more "conservative rednecks tring to spread our violence."

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    You think you'd get a fair chance to actually answer questions in the current media?

That is a great answer, but you aren't going to get the chance. It will simply be more "conservative rednecks tring to spread our violence."

What is "it". The news report? An article? You think a station is dumb enough to do a report and not get an interview with the organizers?

Are you from around here?

I think there's a pretty fair chance. We are in North Texas. I have faith in our Texas media. I have read some excellent articles and see some friendly reporting. I have contacted my district reps in state congress on the topic of guns as well as our US reps. I've always received gun-friendly responses. I have faith in my fellow Texans. There will always be people who don't agree, but you'll never get rid of "conservative rednecks" in Texas. Are you kidding me?

Edit to add: I'm tired of all this Grouchy McGrouch attitude. I'm back in Texas after 5 years away for Uncle Sam and the US Navy. I'm darn glad to be back home where Texans are Texans and we can be proud and enjoy our life. In our travels I came across a lot of Texas/Texan haters and it was depressing to say the least. Now that I'm home again I'm not going to let folks who don't agree rain on my parade.

You can all go to hell. I'm going to Texas.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Are you sure that there isn't a certain threshold for how many guns you can buy/sell in a certain amount of time without an FFL? I could have swore there was...

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    What is "it". The news report? An article? You think a station is dumb enough to do a report and not get an interview with the organizers?

Are you from around here?

I think there's a pretty fair chance. We are in North Texas. I have faith in our Texas media. I have read some excellent articles and see some friendly reporting. I have contacted my district reps in state congress on the topic of guns as well as our US reps. I've always received gun-friendly responses. I have faith in my fellow Texans. There will always be people who don't agree, but you'll never get rid of "conservative rednecks" in Texas. Are you kidding me?

Edit to add: I'm tired of all this Grouchy McGrouch attitude. I'm back in Texas after 5 years away for Uncle Sam and the US Navy. I'm darn glad to be back home where Texans are Texans and we can be proud and enjoy our life. In our travels I came across a lot of Texas/Texan haters and it was depressing to say the least. Now that I'm home again I'm not going to let folks who don't agree rain on my parade.

You can all go to hell. I'm going to Texas.

LOL, I didn't mean to be a Grouchy McGrouch. Maybe I've been drinking too much of the cool aid. I'm not worried about the Texas media or Texans. Just national media.

I'm happy your back in Texas. Lets face it, it just is pretty darn good to be here.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    LOL, I didn't mean to be a Grouchy McGrouch. Maybe I've been drinking too much of the cool aid. I'm not worried about the Texas media or Texans. Just national media.

I'm happy your back in Texas. Lets face it, it just is pretty darn good to be here.

no worries

I know what you mean about the national media. Now they are pretty skewed! But I doubt anything local that we'd do would get national attention. If they did, I would guess that things had gone horribly horribly wrong.

Are you sure that there isn't a certain threshold for how many guns you can buy/sell in a certain amount of time without an FFL? I could have swore there was...

No. I do not have the written law here in front of me to 100% say I am sure.

Texas doesn't have a specified limit on how many you can buy in a face to face transaction. There is also no federal law regulating an individuals purchase in FTF transactions.

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    You can all go to hell. I'm going to Texas.))))) hey, Shorts- Now tell us how you REALLY feel.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom