Venture Surplus ad

Pro-Gun Bills Are Again Dead On Arrival As Speaker Will Appoint Dems To Key Committees

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The time to vote out crappy Republicans is during the primary.

State Sen replaced once, State House replaced twice in 10 years. Same results. Its a club.

Good folks rarely run anymore. Just one swamp critter wanting to replace another and reap the bennies.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    State Sen replaced once, State House replaced twice in 10 years. Same results. Its a club.

Good folks rarely run anymore. Just one swamp critter wanting to replace another and reap the bennies.

Then run, or get someone good to run and support them. Yeah, little to no chance. Expensive, etc.

But if you think having Dems replace the Rs will be the same you will find out just how bad things can be as Texas starts passing CA and NY style firearms restrictions.

Pushing for constitutional carry will really be a pipe dream then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    But if you think having Dems replace the Rs will be the same you will find out just how bad things can be as Texas starts passing CA and NY style firearms restrictions.

So my sacrifice will be losing some gun rights?

Not my job, my life savings, my arms, legs or life like so many before me?

OK.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So my sacrifice will be losing some gun rights?

Not my job, my life savings, my arms, legs or life like so many before me?

OK.

Yeah, those things will probably follow not too far behind.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Then run, or get someone good to run and support them. Yeah, little to no chance. Expensive, etc.

Pushing for constitutional carry will really be a pipe dream then.

It will get the swamp creatures out of the way so a new candidate can be elected in their place.

Sand Hills

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Seguin
    It is disheartening to see, but there have been Dem chairmen of various committees in all the past "Republican" legislatures to the best of my knowledge, including when campus carry and open carry passed . The important part is which committees do they chair. Calendars Committee is crucial, along with a couple others. Also, the dems and reps have been much more polarized during the last two legislatures, and the Dems always show better party unity than the Republicans. As far as I can remember, the last really big 2A bills were campus carry and open carry, both of them about three legislative sessions ago. Since then anti-2A bills have been stopped and pro-2A bills passed, but the pro-2A bills have been significantly smaller gains than open carry and campus carry.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The Dems have more unity because they don’t allow wrongthink. Just like the leftists that vote for them.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I’m sure the New Democrat majority so many here want to see definitely won’t vote to raise taxes, implement a state income tax, usher in universal background checks, ban magazines, ban assault weapons, repeal stand your ground, restrict legal carry....ad nauseum.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It will get the swamp creatures out of the way so a new candidate can be elected in their place.

They can already be voted out in the primaries.

What makes you think the good candidate is going to magically appear just because Dems take control of the state?

Should this shortsighted attempt at “teaching them a lesson” or whatever it is succeed, let me know how you feel while we get crushed under a leftist wave of CA style Covid lockdowns, state income tax, higher taxes everywhere else, extra taxes on vehicles that don’t have high enough fuel mileage, new emissions requirements, ammo taxes, massive welfare increases, etc, etc.

And then think about how much of this BS is ever repealed once it’s passed, regardless of who gets control later.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    They can already be voted out in the primaries.

What makes you think the good candidate is going to magically appear just because Dems take control of the state?

Should this shortsighted attempt at “teaching them a lesson” or whatever it is succeed, let me know how you feel while we get crushed under a leftist wave of CA style Covid lockdowns, state income tax, higher taxes everywhere else, extra taxes on vehicles that don’t have high enough fuel mileage, new emissions requirements, ammo taxes, massive welfare increases, etc, etc.

And then think about how much of this BS is ever repealed once it’s passed, regardless of who gets control later.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't try to get rid of them in the primaries. But reelecting the same traitors over and over sure isn't working for us.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm not saying that we shouldn't try to get rid of them in the primaries. But reelecting the same traitors over and over sure isn't working for us.

We aren’t winning enough battles so cede the hill?

If you can’t get rid of them in the primaries now, you won’t get rid of them later. And you will lose everything in the process. Not just for you, but all of us.

It’s like drinking a bleach/ammonia mix to kill the flu. Virus will be killed, but you’ll be worse off than ever.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    We aren’t winning enough battles so cede the hill?

If you can’t get rid of them in the primaries now, you won’t get rid of them later. And you will lose everything in the process. Not just for you, but all of us.

It’s like drinking a bleach/ammonia mix to kill the flu. Virus will be killed, but you’ll be worse off than ever.

The ones I'm talking about getting rid of aren't winning us any battles.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The ones I'm talking about getting rid of aren't winning us any battles.

And replacing them with a leftist democrat will actively work against the ones who are trying.

You are burning your own house down around you and saying that it deserves it.

You posted this in another thread. What you’re talking about in this one seems to go against your own comment there. Look at the states taken over by the left. Don’t burn our house down. If someone isn’t helping pass water buckets replace them with someone who will. Not someone who will throw gasoline.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I’ve said everything I can for my opinion. And glad the conversation was civil between us.

I get your frustration and hope you see my point of view. Won’t try anymore, hope you’ll consider it.

Thanks for the discussion.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I’ve said everything I can for my opinion. And glad the conversation was civil between us.

I get your frustration and hope you see my point of view. Won’t try anymore, hope you’ll consider it.

Thanks for the discussion.

Well based on what you post and how you interact with people, you deserve the respect. I disagree with some things you think, but it's no reason to make an ass of myself. If you're done with it for now, then I won't push. And thanks too.

Top Bottom