Pro pot people, participate, please post. Pot possibly pernicious!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Lol. I thought driving while intoxicated has always been illegal. I don't see your point.

More people willing to do the dew, I mean drug, more drugged drivers on road. More deaths.

I think this is an interesting conversation to have. Yes, it's fun to get the pro pot crowd riled up, but it's a fascinating subject to me as our gubbermint basically picks and chooses which drugs are tolerable and which are not. Extreme libertarians think I should be able to buy heroin at Wal Mart and others fall somewhere in between that and where we are now.

Combine this with our federal gov unwilling to enforce fed drug laws and some cities/states changing their laws/ordinances, times they are a changing.

*I think much of the war on drugs is a sham, I'm for treatment of drug addicts over incarceration but I don't think allowing all of society to have access to all drugs always is a great idea either.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    More people willing to do the dew, I mean drug, more drugged drivers on road. More deaths.

I think this is an interesting conversation to have. Yes, it's fun to get the pro pot crowd riled up, but it's a fascinating subject to me as our gubbermint basically picks and chooses which drugs are tolerable and which are not. Extreme libertarians think I should be able to buy heroin at Wal Mart and others fall somewhere in between that and where we are now.

Combine this with our federal gov unwilling to enforce fed drug laws and some cities/states changing their laws/ordinances, times they are a changing.

*I think much of the war on drugs is a sham, I'm for treatment of drug addicts over incarceration but I don't think allowing all of society to have access to all drugs always is a great idea either.

I'd like to see the numbers on use, but I'm going to bet that there aren't more people using it now than there were immediately before the change in their law.

Could this statistic be a recently improved detection technique of some sort? Could it be an outright fabrication (the government lie? Nooooooo.)?

Pawpaw40

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    East Texas
    With freedom comes responsibility. Driving, operating equipment, using firearms, performing surgery, anything you do while impaired can have serious even fatal consequences. People have the same issues with alcohol, prescription drugs, sometimes over the counter medicines. People need to be held responsible for their choices. That doesn't mean that someone sitting in their living room getting stoned needs to go to jail. So long as no one else is hurt, it should not be illegal. When someone else is hurt, the act and the person who injured them should be held responsible. What is the difference to the victim if the person who killed them crossed the center line because he just wasn't paying attention or he was stoned? The act of crossing the center line, and the negligence of the driver is what should be punished, not the why he was negligent.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to see the numbers on use, but I'm going to bet that there aren't more people using it now than there were immediately before the change in their law.

Could this statistic be a recently improved detection technique of some sort? Could it be an outright fabrication (the government lie? Nooooooo.)?

This certainly isn't some huge scientific sample. More of a conversation prompt than anything.

I bet more people are smoking in places where it is now legal. I wonder if the alcohol prohibition generation was ever properly surveyed about their consumption before during and after?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX

Who makes the decision of "allowing society to have access"? Who enforces this? I know this is a tough subject, because so much harm comes from drugs. But the same is also true of guns. You have to accept that here is a price of freedom. One of the major responsibilities of civil government to punish criminals. This isn't happening all the time, as rule of law collapses in our society.

If heroin were legal tomorrow, would you go out and try it? Probably not. I'll add, it isn't all that hard to get it when it is illegal either. Let the addicts kill themselves. And to hell with treatment. My tax dollars aren't going that worthless shit.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Okay... Well, first off, I find it funny that you call it "pro-pot". I just call it freedom.

Second, I don't get what you're wanting to talk about. Should we be against legalization because it has been allegedly attributed to some driving fatalities? The obvious answer is no. If the answer is not obvious to you, I'd like to hear your argument against the Liberal movement to ban standard capacity magazines.

I suspect all you're wanting to do is troll and try to piss some people off, like normal.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Okay... Well, first off, I find it funny that you call it "pro-pot". I just call it freedom.

Second, I don't get what you're wanting to talk about. Should we be against legalization because it has been allegedly attributed to some driving fatalities? The obvious answer is no. If the answer is not obvious to you, I'd like to hear your argument against the Liberal movement to ban standard capacity magazines.

I suspect all you're wanting to do is troll and try to piss some people off, like normal.

Why so sensitive?

If promoting a conversation is trolling then troll away i shall.

I'm being intellectually honest. I dont know where I stand on this issue and enjoy the conversation.

Go fix your VW Rsty!

Top Bottom