Patriot Mobile

Pro pot people, participate, please post. Pot possibly pernicious!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    Until this last week I had failed to see one benefit of folks and even more & more folks having a habit smoking dope. You can even add regularly drinking excessively to that.
    It was pointed out to me from someone who had held 2 jobs while attending college full time and was hired for his full time job a month before receiving his Degree,in the field of his Degree.

He said he was all for other people lighting up that joint and drinking excessively. He neither drinks nor does drugs.

It has made his getting employment and advancing a whole lot easier. He has seen folks he has known since high school get involved in pot and watched as they ever so slowly lost their drive and mental edge. Where before they were considered competition in any number of fields/areas,they are no longer. The same goes for everyone else too,in or out of school.

His friends who have the same out look on drugs and excessive drinking as him and coupled with hard work are having the same personal successes.

They are also having an easier time exceeding their personal/business goals and that of their employers because their competition is falling by the wayside from self induced stupidity and slowing drive (pot smoking).

So go get high,grab some munchies and then wonder why your life isn't going as well as you think it should.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    "Bravery out of range"

Pot is like all cool man that is until some pothead runs into and kills someone in your family or you or better yet booger hooks a trigger wasting someone you know and love. Then you'll care.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Could this statistic be a recently improved detection technique of some sort? Could it be an outright fabrication (the government lie? Nooooooo.)?

I've seen too many statistics that "Prove" a cause and effect which doesn't exist to trust any of them. As we say in psychology, "Correlation does not prove causation."

Take MADDs statistics of "Alcohol related driving accidents." If a sober driver hits a drunk person, that counts. If an empty beer can was found at the scene of the accident but no one involved was actually drunk, that counts. They then present these "Alarming" statistics to state legislators for the purpose of convincing them drunk driving is on the rise and we need to once again lower the legal BAC limit. And of course once the limit is lowered the numbers go up even more, which gives them more ammo to try the same thing again.

MAAD isn't anti drunk driving. The are anti drinking. I strongly suspect the same of anyone putting out these statistics. Pot was illegal but extremely easy to get before it was legalized/decriminalized. If you wanted to get it and go fro a drive there was almost nothing to stop you. A 300% increase in pot-related driving accidents screams "BS" to me.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I am a freedom lovin person. I am also my own person. I take responsibility for me and mine. I dont care if you light up, turn it up, or shove it up....as long as your willing to accept the consequences of your action it is up to you. I personally dont give a rats ass if you want to drink and get sloppy drunk or smoke pot till your eyes look like a road map.......your choice. I choose not to do so, and I choose not to hang around those who do so.

Just know this......I dont give a shit if you 16, filthy rich or a grown football player and filthy rich....if you choose to act in a way that could cause death to one of mine and you are the cause of said death because you chose to be a irresponsible dumb ass...then know full well that they better put your ass away.....cuz I will find you. Screw that probabtion bullshit.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I am a freedom lovin person. I am also my own person. I take responsibility for me and mine. I dont care if you light up, turn it up, or shove it up....as long as your willing to accept the consequences of your action it is up to you. I personally dont give a rats ass if you want to drink and get sloppy drunk or smoke pot till your eyes look like a road map.......your choice. I choose not to do so, and I choose not to hang around those who do so.

Just know this......I dont give a shit if you 16, filthy rich or a grown football player and filthy rich....if you choose to act in a way that could cause death to one of mine and you are the cause of said death because you chose to be a irresponsible dumb ass...then know full well that they better put your ass away.....cuz I will find you. Screw that probabtion bullshit.

I have to agree, I don't think much would stop me from going after the person who killed or maimed my family out of pure recklessness.

DamnYankee76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Blanco
    It has made his getting employment and advancing a whole lot easier. He has seen folks he has known since high school get involved in pot and watched as they ever so slowly lost their drive and mental edge. Where before they were considered competition in any number of fields/areas,they are no longer. The same goes for everyone else too,in or out of school.

While this may be true for some, it certainly is not the majority. I've been lucky enough (if you want to call it that) to work in some very heavy drug infused fields. They contained people that smoked pot multiple times a day. These people were some of the hardest working and loyal people I know. These guys would climb onto roofs 40 ft. in the air and operate heavy machinery with no issues. I don't believe that it's the pot, but more the person that causes the path one takes. My dad smoked almost daily from the day he went to Vietnam. Has his own business and has been very successful. My brother is the same way. Has his own business and is one of the hardest working people around. Me, I never got into it. Just didn't like the way it made me feel. I'm not "pro-pot", but i'm certainly not against it either. To each his own.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391801388.356080.jpg

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Maybe we should start arresting people who buy cars in case they're going to commit a hit and run.

I don't know why people care more about inanimate objects like cars than they do the children. That's just selfish, after all it's for the children!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    With 32 years clean & sober, I wouldn't use pot if it was legal AND free. I have a major concern about people driving while they're high and know something about that personally. Please don't tell me that folks who are high drive better than people who are drunk. That's not true.

On the other hand, our government sold drugs to finance illegal weapon sales to radical dissidents. I knew real life "spooks" who swore to me that MIA's stayed in country after our many and varied wars to manage drug smuggling. Smashing our private citizens for selling/possessing pot is the ultimate hypocrisy!

I do not favor legalization but cannot justify the penalties imposed for pot offenses.

Flash

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Flash I think you support "de-criminalization" vs "legalization" then.

It's the removal of jail time or lessening of sentences combined with an approach that's more around government providing mandatory rehab.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    If we decriminalize, the behavior will flourish so I'm not sure it matters a lot. Having worked in the prison system, every day, I saw Offenders who were incarcerated for LONG periods of time over pot and pot sales. That is friggin nuts! There is something f'ed up to the bone marrow about how pot convictions are handled.

Flash

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Kill or maim my wife or child while doing something one chose to do like speeding, drinking, messing with your phone/radio, etc, etc. and I am not going to be too picky at my reasons for coming after that person.

Speeding can be but is not always reckless. A reckless speed has more to do with conditions and speed relative to other traffic than it does some magical number placed on a sign.

The nutjobs I see on 1604 who want to merge in at 40 when everybody else is doing 70? Reckless. The lady the other day on 1604 who stood on her brakes and slowed to 30 in the passing lane for no good reason? Reckless (damn near hit her).

Clear weather, doing 75 in a 70 with no traffic around, or with traffic doing a similar speed? Not reckless. But the moron doing 45 in those conditions definitely is.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The nutjobs I see on 1604 who want to merge in at 40 when everybody else is doing 70? Reckless. The lady the other day on 1604 who stood on her brakes and slowed to 30 in the passing lane for no good reason? Reckless (damn near hit her).
    The first time I drove in San Antonio I had to use the shoulder and damn near hit a concrete barrier to avoid rear ending the idiot in front of me that slammed on their brakes before they merged. Why they hell is that so prevalent there? Just freak'n merge! I hate driving in San Antonio but when I have to I give people like a 5 car length lead on any of those highway mergers.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Kill or maim my wife or child while doing something one chose to do like speeding, drinking, messing with your phone/radio, etc, etc. and I am not going to be too picky at my reasons for coming after that person.

Changing the radio and speeding by themselves do not create a reckless situation.

Top Bottom