• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    Just use ammo with brass cases .............. or sell it! :green:
    $9 bucks a box of 50 vs. over $30+/box. And for just target practice. Don't think I'll be using much brass ammo. Why sell it when I fixed it and now shoots steel perfectly?

Im still trying to understand how a guy with great car taste, would buy a Taurus for personal protection???
    Why not? Have you seen the reviews on the new G3? And mine works perfectly now as noted above.
    Venture Surplus ad

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    $9 bucks a box of 50 vs. over $30+/box. And for just target practice. Don't think I'll be using much brass ammo. Why sell it when I fixed it and now shoots steel perfectly?

Why not? Have you seen the reviews on the new G3? And mine works perfectly now as noted above.

Tauras has a reputation of having issues. No way i would have one to depend on saving my life.

Heres just 1 reason not to own a Tauras... theres plenty of other similar stories also.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Not uncommon for a tool mark or bur to cause malfunctions feeding. Its amazing how little of a mark will stop up a gun. Its relatively uncommon for modern autos to have these issues - but it used to be very common. 1911's are / were notoriously picky, same with Hi Powers. They often required polishing or even reshaping feed ramps to feed hollow point ammo, for example. I had a 1911 that had a burr on the feed ramp and caused similar stoppage to what you described, and was able to polish it down and get it to feed properly. If done with care, it shouldn't be an issue with any major manufacturer's warranty.

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    Tauras has a reputation of having issues. No way i would have one to depend on saving my life.

Heres just 1 reason not to own a Tauras... theres plenty of other similar stories also.

My G3C has a much beefier area where that gun you noted failed.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The first mistake you made was buying a Taurus, expecting it to work.

You got lucky, sometimes they go full auto, fire when shaked/dropped, or just explode

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    Curious to those who say I shouldn't have purchased my G3C Taurus or any Taurus gun. I've owned three including one revolver that have been flawless. Do you own a G3C, have you shot one, have you had a failure with ammo other than steel, have you read the reviews on this gun? As I've said, it's fixed and with only 5 minutes of polishing the bullet entry so now even steel ammo it shoots perfectly. I have a great shooting gun, good trigger pull, functions good, fits my hand perfectly, has good sites and with the Viridian laser red dot very accurate at 15 yards. And including the laser and three 12 round magazines under $300. I don't think you can beat it for the price.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ... Do you own a G3C...

I got a G2C as part of a trade a few years ago, it’s a pre-recall model that hasn’t been sent back. It is accurate enough for what it is. I’ve only put brass cases thru it, and it does not appear to have been altered. Somewhere around 1K rounds it developed a random fail to feed in one mag, then across both mags. What I noticed is the mags themselves seat pretty loosely.

Since I treat this as a range gun only, I’m not real interested in dropping $30 on a new mag to determine if the FTF is mag-related or not.

What I do know is the market speaks, and gunbroker bidding for a used G2C isn’t impressive. I guess I should try to sell mine now, just to get out from under it because this time last year there was no used market for it.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Problem was the ammo case, not the gun. Taurus would have shipped your gun back to you in 6-9 months with a note that said could not duplicate.
    This is, I think, correct. Others here had posted that Monarch ammo didn't cycle in their ARs. I think I would have tried many other ammo brands/types before doing mods because of ONE brand. I know, hindsight....

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    In my experience Monarch brand ammo is weak.
    As in loaded down.
    I refuse to buy the stuff anymore because of all the malf's it caused.

Top Bottom