• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Curious to those who say I shouldn't have purchased my G3C Taurus or any Taurus gun. I've owned three including one revolver that have been flawless. Do you own a G3C, have to shot one, have you had a failure with ammo other than steel, have you read the reviews on this gun? As I've said, it's fixed and with only 5 minutes of polishing the bullet entry so now even steel ammo it shoots perfectly. I have a great shooting gun, good trigger pull, functions good, fits my hand perfectly, has good sites and with the Viridian laser red dot very accurate at 15 yards. And including the laser and three 12 round magazines under $300. I don't think you can beat it for the price.

I have lots of experience with taurus, several locked up revolvers, guns going FA and sending the slide towards my skull...

A LEO trade in M&P, glock are much more attractive options than anything with a bull logo on it. Not only is it the quality of the gun, but the quality of the customer service as well
    Venture Surplus ad

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Curious to those who say I shouldn't have purchased my G3C Taurus or any Taurus gun. I've owned three including one revolver that have been flawless. Do you own a G3C, have to shot one, have you had a failure with ammo other than steel, have you read the reviews on this gun? As I've said, it's fixed and with only 5 minutes of polishing the bullet entry so now even steel ammo it shoots perfectly. I have a great shooting gun, good trigger pull, functions good, fits my hand perfectly, has good sites and with the Viridian laser red dot very accurate at 15 yards. And including the laser and three 12 round magazines under $300. I don't think you can beat it for the price.

Most of us dont need to own a Taurus, to know enough not to buy a Taurus.

Im sure the Hyundai Veloster is a great car for the price, but i dont need to own one to know i dont need to own one. Theres a reason why you own a Z06... not a Hyundai.... im sure its not the price.

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    Most of us dont need to own a Taurus, to know enough not to buy a Taurus.

Im sure the Hyundai Veloster is a great car for the price, but i dont need to own one to know i dont need to own one. Theres a reason why you own a Z06... not a Hyundai.... im sure its not the price.
    I do own a 2019 Z06 Corvette that has an MSRP of almost $90K. Buying lessor priced guns but with good reviews is how I was able to afford it. lol

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I do own a 2019 Z06 Corvette that has an MSRP of almost $90K. Buying lessor priced guns but with good reviews is how I was able to afford it. lol

Undestand completely about saving a buck. When it comes to saving my life or my family's life... a couple extra bucks is worth the piece of mind

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    If taurus had a glock/S&W quality, they'd charge Glock/S&W prices.

There is no free lunch in the world of firearms, no matter how cheap you can make a gun, it costs a LOT to make sure every part is fine, and that the entire collection of parts work fine together, especially if it a mechanically complex gun like a revolver, hell, even colt, s&w and ruger have trouble with their revolver lines

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Taurus you say? No thanks. Out of all the handguns I had I never once got tempted. If you like it that’s cool. If you shoot well with it cool. If it needs to go back for repair no thanks. (Ruger doesn’t count... lol).

Every brand has failure rates. Sometimes we are the unlucky ones. I still won’t own a sig p320. my 229 and mcx make me feel warm inside so I forgive sig. Taurus has nothing I want though. They fall behind every competitor...oh snap...Taurus is better than i.o inc.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I don't and wouldn't use steel cased ammo in any gun, probably not even in an AK. Hand loading solves all the ammo problems as well as the ability to have ammo in times of shortages (and it's cheaper).
    You won't used steel case ammo in an AK? What can I say. Youtube Brownells just did a thing on steel case ammo FYI. Why would one shoot anything but steel case ammo in an AK?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I don't buy ammo ....................... I hand load for all the guns I own. I've got a closet full of cases, powder, bullets, even primers that I've collected over the last 20+ years. And the ammo I load is more accurate, and costs pennies per round, not dollars.

Last edited:

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    I don't buy ammo ....................... I hand load for all the guns I own. I've got a closet full of cases, powder, bullets, even primers that I've collected over the last 20+ years. And the ammo I load is more accurate, and costs pennies per round, not dollars.
    I just looked at prices for reloading supplies for my 9 mm on Academy's site. Hornady bullets are $.22ea, brass $.28ea, primers $.05. Don't know how much power or what kind would be required but adding it up without power comes to $.55/round. I recently paid $8.99 for a box of 50 Remington Ranger 9mm. That's $.18/round ready to go.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I just looked at prices for reloading supplies for my 9 mm on Academy's site. Hornady bullets are $.22ea, brass $.28ea, primers $.05. Don't know how much power or what kind would be required but adding it up without power comes to $.55/round. I recently paid $8.99 for a box of 50 Remington Ranger 9mm. That's $.18/round ready to go.

How recently?
    Haven't seen prices like that in months...

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    One can nit-pic prices, etc. but the bottom line over a couple of years drops significantly on any caliber. Initial investment is not that bad compared to bulk ammo buying, and as soon as one starts shooting and hand loading, one starts recouping their investment. A shooter can argue all day long but if the shooter is going to shoot for many years (or more) the investment in hand loading will bring the costs way down.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom