• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonehead1185

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos/Lake Dallas, Tx
    I was just wondering what you think I should do with these new magazines I just got for my PT145. I found them on gunbroker.com and they came in the factory taurus packaging with the correct part number for the .45 cal millenium. After loading them up I tried to insert them into the gun but they would not click into place. I tried with the slide open and closed, with no results. It seems like they are a tad bit too long or something. The only difference between the new ones and the ones I got when I bought the gun is on the side of the magazine the old ones say "PT 145 CAL.45ACP - MADE IN BRAZIL" and on the new ones it says "CAL.45 ACP MADE IN BRAZIL". The bottom of the magazines are identical with the taurus stamp and the PT 145 stamp. Even when holding the two next to each other the measurements look identical! I called the taurus customer service and after telling the lady I bought them from an individual not an aftermarket dealer she said I could send them in to have them replaced. How should I send them in for replacement? With or without the taurus packaging they came in? The only reason I would not send them in the packaging is because on the back of two of them is written in black sharpie "36.95" and I don't want them to think I bought them from an aftermarket place. I even asked her if there was a difference between the earlier generations and my third generation with the magazines and she said "No. They should fit."

Any advice? Thanks!
    DK Firearms

TdDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Houston
    I would send them in with the Taurus packaging. It might clue them into some gray market stuff or perhaps they just had a bad run and need to know about it.

Regardless, if she is willing to replace them I would go for it.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I doubt you will have any problem with Taurus. I called about a broken disassembly pin for my Millennium, they sent 2 of them to me at no cost. They didn't make me send in the pistol or slide, just took my word for it. Nice to see somebody has decent customer service.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I would send them in the original packaging if you still have it. That would show them and give them all the information they need to determine where the mags originated from and if they are truly the mags that the package says or if something else is going on (imitation mags).

I've gone to several places that have stickers on them with other prices, especially true when they have sales going on, my local gun smith actually prices all of his items with a price gun. He doesn't do bar-code scanning at all, still uses an old cash register.

bonehead1185

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    That's exactly what I did. I bought them from an individual on gunbroker and they were still sealed. I opened all 3 of them and tried them out then put them back in the package to send them in. Now I just have to wait and see what they say. Luckily I still have the 2 mags that came with the gun when I bought it. I just bought these to have as extras so I don't have to unload my carry ones when I go to the range.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    That's exactly what I did. I bought them from an individual on gunbroker and they were still sealed. I opened all 3 of them and tried them out then put them back in the package to send them in. Now I just have to wait and see what they say. Luckily I still have the 2 mags that came with the gun when I bought it. I just bought these to have as extras so I don't have to unload my carry ones when I go to the range.

Great, let us know what they do. Hopefully they just send you some replacement mags. I would think that if they were in fact true mags for your gun, that they weren't manufactured right and they will see it and replace the faulty mags for you.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    That's what I am hoping for. I plead my case to the lady on the phone and she said they would replace them. My fingers are crossed. I'll keep it updated.

I wouldn't think it will be a problem. Especially if the lady on the phone said they would just replace them. They probably just want the mags to find out what's wrong with them so they can fix the problem.

bonehead1185

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Well I gave them a call today since I had not yet heard from them about what they were going to do with them and the guy said he has a tracking number for me. I go to check the status and it says they were delivered this morning. So I run to the front office and sure enough I had a package, 3 brand new magazines! They all function great! Now to get to the range and make sure but I feel confident they will be fine.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom