• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TERRIBLE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2022
    Ohio
    I have a Sar 109t. Holosun HS503G red dot. The bolt that goes through mount and picitinny, snapped on first shot fired. Optic came with high and low mounts. I thought it was a rare defective bolt. I took bolt , from low mount, and reassembled. Once again bolt snapped on first shot. Bolt was not overly tight.I was hoping someone would be able to advise me.
    Gun Zone Deals

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I have a Sar 109t. Holosun HS503G red dot. The bolt that goes through mount and picitinny, snapped on first shot fired. Optic came with high and low mounts. I thought it was a rare defective bolt. I took bolt , from low mount, and reassembled. Once again bolt snapped on first shot. Bolt was not overly tight.I was hoping someone would be able to advise me.

Replace with a quality bolt. Chinesium can be top notch, or dogshit. Sounds like you got the later.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum!

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Did you happen to use a INCH POUND TORQUE SCREW DRIVER? You'd be surprised how much force you can exert with a screwdriver & it don't seem like much.

TERRIBLE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2022
    Ohio
    Did you happen to use a INCH POUND TORQUE SCREW DRIVER? You'd be surprised how much force you can exert with a screwdriver & it don't seem like much.
    The second one , l did. I have a few years experience. Just had never seen this happen. Fix pretty obvious, l guess. Thanks for the input all.

Top Bottom