• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jones creek kid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    El Campo
    I spoke with a gun shop owner recently and he said that Taurus is having some bad problems with quality and he heard of seveal 1911 being sent back to correct problems. has anyone else heard about this and what is going on. I want to get a taurus 1911 but not if i will be sending it back:(
    Capitol Armory ad

Moe Howard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    I spoke with a gun shop owner recently and he said that Taurus is having some bad problems with quality and he heard of seveal 1911 being sent back to correct problems. has anyone else heard about this and what is going on. I want to get a taurus 1911 but not if i will be sending it back:(

I have been reading a lot about this gun because the features and the price make it very hard to pass up. The only semi-consistent problem I have read of is the ambi- safetys tend to break off so some guys just replace it with a Wilson Combat safety shortly after getting one. Their 24/7 line and their 1911s really seem to be the exception to Taurus's sometimes questionable quality control.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have been reading a lot about this gun because the features and the price make it very hard to pass up. The only semi-consistent problem I have read of is the ambi- safetys tend to break off so some guys just replace it with a Wilson Combat safety shortly after getting one. Their 24/7 line and their 1911s really seem to be the exception to Taurus's sometimes questionable quality control.

This is what I've heard as well. I messed with one of these pistols at a show once, it felt great. The gun I was handling was very smooth for a cheap factory 1911.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I see high end 1911s come in also, so don't let it discourage you from buying what you want.+1 on the ambi safeties coming off.I have seen two come back this month for that very reason.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Two years ago I bought my son one for Christmas and he has put about 1500 rounds through it without any such problems. If for whatever reason it does, I have a spare Wilson Thumb Safety in my parts bin.

Pecos45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    I have a Taurus PT-1911 and its been the best .45 auto I've ever had. The action is slick as snot, gun function flawlessly and shoots anything. Only 45s I've had that could touch it for accuracy were my Gold Cup and my Kimber......but my Kimber had so many other flaws that I got rid of it. Accuracy was the ONLY thing Kimber had going for it. The Taurus has been perfect right out of the box. I know several others who have them and will tell you the same thing.

The ambi safetys on it are big and easy to find. I suppose if a guy got horsey with them enough he could break one. But hardly a big deal. You can buy most any part in you like and the warranty is for LIFE. Plus most other manufactured parts should be virtually drop in if you want to change or replace something. I use about 4 different mfg clips for example and the gun likes them all.

Get one.............for the price there is nothing that will touch them.

JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    Manufacturing defects are not as uncommon as we like to think - I see them everyday. A simple air pocket where the shaft meets the lever during manufacturing would allow oxidation (rust) and likely cause the part to fail the first time it was fired.

Top Bottom