Problems with the "Colt" AR .22lr...?

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by hoytinak, Sep 28, 2009.

1. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Apparently this guy's having problems with the "Colt" AR-15 .22lr. He's got several listed for sale on GunBroker ar paperweights, boat paddles, poop scooper, drain marker and a plunger. [​IMG] At least he's got a good sense of humor about it.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=154082

2. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    The pic where he is picking up poop while the dog looking at it. I almost pissed my pants.

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I almost bought one. Went with the GSG-5 instead ....

Nice scooper though

[​IMG]

4. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Those listings are hilarious! I read all 4 of them.

5. dday

dday Member

Jul 24, 2009
    irving tx
    i have been needing a new toilet plunger

6. Flight954

Flight954 Active Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    That's a great/funny pic of the pooper scooper. I'm sorry to say though my Colt/Uramex has done great in my intitial 1000 round torture test using the Federal 22LR value pack ammo. I do kick myself for buying the rifle for $600 bucks on a whim and not waiting a week for the Remigton for $450. The Remigton looks to be a better quality rifle at a lower price, although I would have had to have the barrel threaded then buy the adapter from Gemtech for my suppressor. That's what I get for paying for a name and impulse buying.:gotme:

7. Texas Solo

Texas Solo Active Member

May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Funny thing is that the "colt" AR .22LR is actually made by Walther. And, doesn't S&W own Walther?

So that means that S&W is making the Colt through Walther? :headscratch:

8. Libertarian_Longhorn

Libertarian_Longhorn Active Member

Apr 28, 2009

Did you mean S&W 15/22. I don't know of a Remington Ar style 22 on the market.

9. Seabear1500

Seabear1500 Active Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I traded for one, and I will admit it's an overpriced .22 but mine works very well at least the 500 or 600 rounds I've put through it. I bet if I bought his for $280 I could make some money on 'em. LOL:fighting0002:

10. ConnRadd

ConnRadd Active Member

It's funny... I was at Academy a month or so ago and the guy behind the counter was showing me the AR .22s. I looked at the Colt and S&W. Well, he informed me that the Colt is the better one of the two, just for the fact it was "not made out of plastic, just pull the charging handle back and release it. You can hear that it's made of metal". I laughed to myself, handed the rifle back and bought some ammo. I wasn't looking to buy one, thought it was kind of neat that they came out with an AR .22.

I'm debating on buying a .22 conversion kit for AR-15, but not sure what long term effect it will have on the barrel. Be nice to able to go over Shiloh Shooting Range on them rainy days and destroy some targets with an AR...:devil: