• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Apparently this guy's having problems with the "Colt" AR-15 .22lr. He's got several listed for sale on GunBroker ar paperweights, boat paddles, poop scooper, drain marker and a plunger.
    ras.gif
    At least he's got a good sense of humor about it.

[url]http://gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=154082[/URL]
    Hurley's Gold

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    That's a great/funny pic of the pooper scooper. I'm sorry to say though my Colt/Uramex has done great in my intitial 1000 round torture test using the Federal 22LR value pack ammo. I do kick myself for buying the rifle for $600 bucks on a whim and not waiting a week for the Remigton for $450. The Remigton looks to be a better quality rifle at a lower price, although I would have had to have the barrel threaded then buy the adapter from Gemtech for my suppressor. That's what I get for paying for a name and impulse buying.

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    That's a great/funny pic of the pooper scooper. I'm sorry to say though my Colt/Uramex has done great in my intitial 1000 round torture test using the Federal 22LR value pack ammo. I do kick myself for buying the rifle for $600 bucks on a whim and not waiting a week for the Remigton for $450. The Remigton looks to be a better quality rifle at a lower price, although I would have had to have the barrel threaded then buy the adapter from Gemtech for my suppressor. That's what I get for paying for a name and impulse buying.

Did you mean S&W 15/22. I don't know of a Remington Ar style 22 on the market.

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I traded for one, and I will admit it's an overpriced .22 but mine works very well at least the 500 or 600 rounds I've put through it. I bet if I bought his for $280 I could make some money on 'em. LOL

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    It's funny... I was at Academy a month or so ago and the guy behind the counter was showing me the AR .22s. I looked at the Colt and S&W. Well, he informed me that the Colt is the better one of the two, just for the fact it was "not made out of plastic, just pull the charging handle back and release it. You can hear that it's made of metal". I laughed to myself, handed the rifle back and bought some ammo. I wasn't looking to buy one, thought it was kind of neat that they came out with an AR .22.

I'm debating on buying a .22 conversion kit for AR-15, but not sure what long term effect it will have on the barrel. Be nice to able to go over Shiloh Shooting Range on them rainy days and destroy some targets with an AR...

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    I prefer the $200 CMMG .22 bolt. Just take your AR's bolt out, drop this one in, and proceed to drop zombies at about $.07 per round with Mini-mags. It's nice to be able to work out your own gun instead of a lighter version.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    That awkward and funky 180 degree sweeping safety that comes on the Colt 22 AR is one feature that tells me I'd never buy one! Why did they do that?

The 22 AR conversion is nice if you already have a 223 AR. If not, I'd opt for a S&W 22 AR or go with the GSG 22. Both seem to be better guns.

Or..save a ton and buy a 10-22 and some high cap mags and know you're getting something that will be trouble free for a very long time.

- brickboy240

Top Bottom