• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doubled

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    frisco, tx
    I decided to give these hard cases a try. I ordered 2 of them from opticsplanet.net

1 - Double Scoped Rifle Case ($129)
    54.25" L x 15.25" W x 6" H

2- Single Tacticle Case ($99)
    46 L x 16 W x 5.5 H

They both had the same details, except the Double also has wheels...
    • Weather tight Dri-Loc seal
    • Thick wall construction
    • Easy-glide wheels for convenient transporting
    • Rugged, textured exterior
    • High-density foam
    • Dual stage, lockable latches
    • Pad lock tabs for air line travel
    • Pressure release valve

The molded plastic is very thick, not sure what kind of plastic it is, but it's study. I wouldn't drive a truck over it, like a Pelican, but sturdy none the less.

The dual-stage clasps give you security that this thing is latched down tight, the gasket along the lip is recessed quite a bit. I might get some gasket material and beef that up a little bit. I think it is water tight the way it is, a bit more material and it would be water proof.

Open / Closed
    2011-03-30_19-00-03_921.png

Clasps
    2011-03-30_20-35-30_417.png

Cutout for Rifle and Accessories
    2011-03-30_20-22-01_904.png

To 'cut' the foam out was interesting, the foam is perforated into little french-fry shaped rectangles and you push down on them to pop them out. Making the foam 'cutouts' was extremely simple. If you goof up you can silicone the pieces back together (but i suspect this would be a whipping)

all in all I like them, and at half the price of the Pelican I think it's a good value if you are not going to be utilizing them in extreme rugged scenarios. They are perfect for the average person going to and from the range and I'd feel comfortable with them on an airplane.

Closed, the items are secure. I shook it as hard as I could and there was zero movement inside of the case.

Hope someone finds this usefull.
    DK Firearms

wgsigs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    DFW
    Have you been able to put 2 scoped rifles in your Double Case? I bought a cheaper Plano model that was advertised as a Double Scoped Rifle Case to carry to the range and can not put two scoped rifles in without them touching. My case is supposed to be 15" wide and I find it difficult to believe that the extra 1/4" would make a big difference.

doubled

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    frisco, tx
    Here are a few pictures, 2 of the 770's would fit, I show a 770 and a 22LR as well as the 770 and the AR to compare against. The AR and the 770 fits, but it is tight. I have not cut this one out yet since I am not sure of its final disposition. I bought them both to compare against. I am confident I can get 2 standard rifles in there though.

2011-03-31_14-40-25_808.png

Here the barrell of the 770 and the grip of the ar are slightly touching and the scope is CLOSE to the edge. A piece of foam could be used to separate. I could easily get 2 AR's in there with plenty of room.

2011-03-31_14-41-27_308.png

hope this gives you a view. the scope seems out of bounds on the AR, it's not and if the foam was cut it would drop in, but it is tight. just have it there to show you some dimensions.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks for the great writeup!

It's really appreciated when you guys take the time to do this. This sort of post really helps everybody here when it comes time to buy stuff.

I encourage the rest of you to post your reviews!

wgsigs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    DFW
    Thanks for posting the pictures. My scopes are bigger, but your case looks a lot more than 1/4" wider the one I had.

Top Bottom