• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zaitcev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
    I'm looking for someone local to test a magwell for Ruger PCC that supports SIG P320 magazines.

You get: the gadget for a notional cost of $2.

You provide: test reports.

Your biggest contribution is the cost of ammunition. So, most likely this will interest you only if you a) plan to shoot the Ruger a lot anyway (for example, in Steel Challenge or IDPA PCC divisions), and b) have a pile of SIG P320 magazines laying around already. Let me know in PM.

UPDATE: I probably should note that it's not some kind of future plan. The thing already exists and I'm enjoying it for myself. I have just short of 200 rounds at it. At this point I'm interested in how long it's going to last, where it breaks first. I already discovered that translucent ETS mags are too fat to fit into the current version. So, issues like that are what I want to know.
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• ru9m17_10_n1.3.jpg
      ru9m17_10_n1.3.jpg
      120.9 KB · Views: 101
    Last edited:

zaitcev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
    have plenty of 320 mags on hand. Overall I like the concept and hope it works out.

Well you can buy the adapters today. I'm throwing them to eBay as I make them.

The problem for me is, it's a complete black hole. Not even any complaints, attempts to return, or anything. Do they work? Do they not work, but they are so cheap that people just chuck them into trash? How many rounds do users get out of them before something breaks?

I was making some rolling changes gradually. The two biggest things were:
    1. add ovetravel stops
    2. support PC Charger

With factory magwells, I hear of some people slamming mags in so hard that they bend ejectors. In the older P320 welsl, you could dislodge the ejector from its slot by doing that. So I thought I could do better than Ruger by not letting mags contact ejectors. The downside is that someone may have a mag that is so wide that it lands on the overtravel stop too low and cannot be locked in. Again, I don't know if it's real or a baseless concern.

Also, I bought a PC Charger and found that its chassis differs enough that old magwells do not fit. Nobody told me. Did they even try? Did they use a hacksaw and moved on? (I used a hacksaw at first; pictured is a new-production unit.)

Attachments

• ru9m17_charger.jpg
      ru9m17_charger.jpg
      131.3 KB · Views: 89
    Top Bottom