• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you think about the new profanity filter?

• It's good, we should all know how to speak and get our point across without using profanity

Votes: 28 22.6%
    • It's good, because we used to get banned for using profanity.

Votes: 1 0.8%
    • I don't care, it doesn't affect how I view the forum in any way

Votes: 27 21.8%
    • I hate it, feels like we are being treated like children that can't handle it.

Votes: 35 28.2%
    • I hate it, this is just another step in the wrong direction

Votes: 33 26.6%

• Total voters

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Or ONLY 2 ways of registering a "positive" (no cussing please) but 3 ways of expressing a dislike for it, or at least a "no biggie" vote....

The poll was fair enough, 2 positive, 2 negative and 1 neutral. The score is 19 positive and 39 dislike.

By God let the American people have their vote!!! lol

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    **** ....F
    p*ss ....P
    p*ick .....P
    a*s ....A
    di*k ...D
    He*l ....H
    B*stard ....B

Let's see what it stops and how tight the lid is screwed on.

EDIT: I try to keep my language cleaned up as I'm visiting in someone else's home but I wanted to see how this program worked. I don't see any problem with it. The restriction is entirely reasonable. I'll edit to blank the above words and leave enough to show what I typed originally.

Flash

Last edited:

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    **** ....F
    piss ....P
    prick .....P
    ass ....A
    dick ...D
    Hell ....H
    Bastard ....B

Let's see what it stops and how tight the lid is screwed on.

Flash

In the other thread, they mentioned that they made an error on how tight the lid was originally, and have since loosened it, as evident by what just went through on your post

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I figure if the new owners simply ask me to slack up on the "F" words, it's not too bad. If the other words were restricted, I'd agree with you totally and take a hike. I'm too old to try to restore my virginity.

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    So far, I don't see anything worth fussing about. I suggest that we let it lay for a while and give the new guys a chance to get to know us.

Flash

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    None of the poll answers fit my view. I'm not much for cussing but banning it makes me feel as though this is no longer a forum where one is able to express one's views and that makes me feel as though my views are unwelcome.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    i thought the way they handled the contribution issue was great.. hands on, and positive, of course will give them our support, but they also appear to be sharp enough that they would value member feed back.. the profanity filter "comes off" like censorship.. specially in the post prostitute thread.. (yep i know, but it's 0200hr mt.) the Christian in me has more issues with the obligatory "oh God" i always hear, than swearing in PW..

Since i have no idea what i'm doing half the time it's a mute point, but they were smart enough to buy the best site on the web, so pretty sure it's all going to work out well..

OR.. we start WWIII because .. oh gosh .. it's Tuesday and POTUS likes to salute.. ya know he took lessons..

Last edited:

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    I generally view folks that can't speak without cussing and I don't mean the infrequent word now and then,as immature,mentally lazy,lacking in self control and with little respect for others.

It sure doesn't show how independent and rugged you are. Think of the Capt. Woodrow F. Call & John Wayne character types of which there are many in real life.

I'm not for censorship either because I can chose for myself whether I will allow myself to be subjected to it or not.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    The simplest fix would be to put the filter as a user option, with the default being 'on'.

If an adult member wants to turn it off, then that person can and live with the results.

While I doubt that will appease everyone, as I think there are some prudish folks on here who would not accept that and want to censor the speech of others even if they have the option to not see it, it's an option.

I think that the majority of folks would understand and be happy with that.

Probably too simple of an idea................

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The simplest fix would be to put the filter as a user option, with the default being 'on'.

If an adult member wants to turn it off, then that person can and live with the results.

While I doubt that will appease everyone, as I think there are some prudish folks on here who would not accept that and want to censor the speech of others even if they have the option to not see it, it's an option.

Sounds reasonable.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

Now that would make too much sense.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom