• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you think about the new profanity filter?

• It's good, we should all know how to speak and get our point across without using profanity

Votes: 28 22.6%
    • It's good, because we used to get banned for using profanity.

Votes: 1 0.8%
    • I don't care, it doesn't affect how I view the forum in any way

Votes: 27 21.8%
    • I hate it, feels like we are being treated like children that can't handle it.

Votes: 35 28.2%
    • I hate it, this is just another step in the wrong direction

Votes: 33 26.6%

• Total voters

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I generally view folks that can't speak without cussing and I don't mean the infrequent word now and then,as immature,mentally lazy,lacking in self control and with little respect for others.

It sure doesn't show how independent and rugged you are. Think of the Capt. Woodrow F. Call & John Wayne character types of which there are many in real life.

I'm not for censorship either because I can chose for myself whether I will allow myself to be subjected to it or not.

Right on!
    Target Sports

PapaG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Near College Station
    Lets see if my first name works
    Thanks
    Dick
    It works. Progress. I could use my full name or a shortened version too.Taptalk can be a pita at times. Voice works. Ok most of the time on my Samsung S3. My keys are smaller than my old Nokia Win phone.

sent from inside the fire tornado

Last edited:

LeeD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Texas
    The simplest fix would be to put the filter as a user option, with the default being 'on'.

If an adult member wants to turn it off, then that person can and live with the results.

While I doubt that will appease everyone, as I think there are some prudish folks on here who would not accept that and want to censor the speech of others even if they have the option to not see it, it's an option.

I think that the majority of folks would understand and be happy with that.

Probably too simple of an idea................
    We are discussing this with the mod team behind the scenes and do feel like this is a good idea. The problem is that there isn't an already built modification for this. We will need to bring in outside help as this is beyond our coding ability. It may take some time, but we do want to work towards a solution!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    We will need to bring in outside help as this is beyond our coding ability. It may take some time, but we do want to work towards a solution!
    I think there are a couple people on the board already that have a lot of experience with vbulletin. Can't remember who, tho :p

Maybe put out a call for help in the announcement section?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    In all the years I enjoyed this forum, it was pretty safe from obscenity and profanity until last year. Seems some new posters got away with potty mouths every day and were not disciplined by the moderators.

So, **** it, drive on.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    In all the years I enjoyed this forum, it was pretty safe from obscenity and profanity until last year. Seems some new posters got away with potty mouths every day and were not disciplined by the moderators.

So, **** it, drive on.
    I havent been on here that long to know what it was like before. I like a ggod joke and having fun as much as the anybody. this is supposed to be a gun forum. There are plenty of other sites to cuss and chat on. Just my opinion

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    This really vacuums rectum. I mean come on. How far up the colon can you go? Im soooo discharged urine wise. Feel like iam up to my gluts in feces. Mother fornicate!

Golden rule of life: You cant polish a sore falis!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
    Top Bottom