• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    While sitting and thinking this AM I had a thought on how to thin out the personal gain politicians from the ones that truly want to serve at any political level.

1. When elected using their tax forms determine a net worth.
    2. While in office that number could only go up by their salary.
    3. Upon leaving office anything over their starting net worth plus salary would be forfeited to the government as "ill gotten gains".
    4. No pension or medical benefits after leaving office.

That would eliminate about 90% of the politicians we have now and get down to folks that want to serve their country.

Thoughts?

I realize that has about as much of a chance of passing as a snowball in hell but it looks good on paper.
    Texas SOT

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Terms limits, one and done. That will be the only way to fix the problem.

Only possible ways this happens are either "grandfather" current congressmen or a citizen revolt.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I like term limits, but every state must adopt them. Otherwise those that don't will wield too much power.

I do like watching their finances more closely. Why this isn't done already is beyond me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    so he already has 30 million in accounts that generate money before being elected and every year for the last 5 it has gone up consistently 1-3 million

that is well over his salary

Terms limits are one of the few cures and they need to be on a federal level and should be over House,Senate and pres. say 2 in any one and 4 total for your life. No pension and No healthcare forever

The best cure is to vote out ALL incumbents

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    At least it looks likeCA voters are losing interest in Feinstein. Her party won’t endorse her anymore and her health is failing. Her term is up this year and hopefully won’t be re-elected.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Personally I think that Congress Critters should be STATE employees, not Federal employees. Let the individual states set their pay and benefits. Also make them have to follow the laws they pass and not exempt themselves from them.

Also repeal the 17th Amendments. Senators are supposed to represent the STATE, not the people.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    The founding fathers screwed up by not implementing term limits. The concept of career politicians must have been too foreign I guess.

Term limits are the key. Our electorate is apparently too stupid to use their power. Salaries should be based on the average for the area representatives. Paid by the hour of WORK. Salary is it. No staff allowances, no housing allowances. NOTHING. Set up dorms for these guys to sleep in while they are in session. Then GTFO and go home to your constituents and run your business to feed yourself and family. With internet, Skype, and other secure comms they don’t need to be in DC all that long anyway.

Once out, absolutely no working with/for companies on the federal supplier list. No jobs on boards of Boeing, GM...

It needs to go back to finding people who want to serve their country instead of serving themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The founding fathers screwed up by not implementing term limits. The concept of career politicians must have been too foreign I guess.

Term limits are the key. Our electorate is apparently too stupid to use their power.

Absolutely agree, but things may have been fine if their beautifully reasoned Constitution had not subsequently been perverted by giving the right to vote to any swinging dick who can check a box on a driver's license form saying they're indeed a citizen.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Nick Freitas is a rising star in the VA Republican party. He is big on the idea of liberty and against using violence (the government) to coerce other people.

Term limits are a government coercion. It seems easier to use government than to bring change in other ways. However, government coercion & violence is not the answer. Also, the tables can be turned on us when the opposition is in control.

Here is Mr. Freitas discussing liberty:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    This really chaps my ass. Proof of citizenship should be required if registering to vote.
    http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...citizenship-voting-laws-may-surge-under-trump

Tucker Carlson had a couple of good shows on the topic this past week. While he blew the liberals who tried to justify the new Chicago ID card out of the water, he spent part of a show publicly calling out the useful idiot putting out an "outright lie", by name and picture, for what he said. Pertinent part circa 9:30 in:

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    And what is the State composed of? They are elected by the people not the "State" whatever that is.

Prior to the 17th Amendment Senators were appointed by several means. They were not elected by a direct vote of the People, nor were they intended by the Founders to be elected by direct vote.

The People elect their representative who serves in the House of Representatives and the State selected their Senators.

The 17th Amendment came about, in part, because people were "buying" Senate seats.

To make it simple. The House is supposed to be filled with the Asses the Masses elect and the Senate is supposed to be the Body that prevents Bread and Circuses.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom