• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Very good answer there. That is what i would call an actual inquiry into the topic, who is impartial to the topic(from the way it is said that is how it appears for the most part.)

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I agree. People kill for violent reasons. They want to kill already. The gun is just a tool. Murder rate might go down if there are less guns but would attempted murders go down? Would we witness more gruesome murders without guns?

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    I agree. People kill for violent reasons. They want to kill already. The gun is just a tool. Murder rate might go down if there are less guns but would attempted murders go down? Would we witness more gruesome murders without guns?

this coupled with the fact that guns used by criminals are usually obtained by less than legal means

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    But, God forbid that a criminal uses a "legally-obtained" gun - that's all you hear about...and worse, if he bought that gun at THE SAME GUN SHOP AS NIDAL HASAN!!!

I hate the press...

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    The murder rate has waxed and waned around the world over the centuries but it is only today we see calls for controls on the weapon. There has never been cries for "Halberd control!" or "Mace control" or "Broadsword control!" or "Longbow control!" or "Shillelagh control" have there? Perhaps it's because Democrats are a relatively recent phenomenon? Until we understand and control the human behavior that makes one want to kill another human being, Weapon Control is a wasteful diversion from the real problem.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    where are the crime stats from guns bought online or at gun shows that liberals are worried about?

That was actually a problem here (and I assume other "private sale" states as well). Hoodlums would hang around the parking lots and ignorant sellers would just sell them a gun w/o checking ID or seeing if they have a CHP (in lieu of calling VSP for a BG check or FFL xfer). called the "gun show loophole." I think the police jumped in and started urging sellers to be more strict. I haven't heard anything about it in a while, so hopefully it cleared itself up.

If it happened here, it can happen in Texas. Same rules regarding private sales. I'd imagine it'd be more common in the border counties though.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    That was actually a problem here (and I assume other "private sale" states as well). Hoodlums would hang around the parking lots and ignorant sellers would just sell them a gun w/o checking ID or seeing if they have a CHP (in lieu of calling VSP for a BG check or FFL xfer). called the "gun show loophole." I think the police jumped in and started urging sellers to be more strict. I haven't heard anything about it in a while, so hopefully it cleared itself up.

If it happened here, it can happen in Texas. Same rules regarding private sales. I'd imagine it'd be more common in the border counties though.

What could happen here?

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    People selling firearms privately to criminals. Not checking to see if they're a resident of TX and not checking if they have a CHL, which would serve as the BG check.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Democrats are not new, they are just a bunch of people that claim humanity, but refuse to admit to the flaws of humanity and those that want what others have worked for without working for it themselves. They have allways been there, they just learned to band together better. We just have to band together better than them.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

Top Bottom