• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggie_12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Sinton, TX
    Hello, I recently purchased 10 acres and it came with a mighty mule electric gate opener. It only has 1 clicker and I will have several family members coming out to help me work on things quite regularly so I would like to learn how to program the buttons (up top by sunglasses holder) to the electric gate.

I have a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LT, it has 3 buttons up top and they each have their own LED light so I dont think it is the actual Homelink brand. The owners manual says find the "learn" button like a normal garage but there isn't one as far as I know, so what would be the other way to program this?
    Capitol Armory ad

amwilliams

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    It appears your vehicle uses the Lear Car2U program. The link below will take you to GTO's Troubleshooter Wizard where you can download the programming instructions.

Gates That Open (GTO) Support Center - Trouble Shooter Wizard

Also if your having a lot of people coming and going, before purchasing a bunch of remotes you might want to consider purchasing a keypad. This is a lot easier to keep track of and very convenient. Your source for genuine Mighty Mule automatic gate opener parts and accessories. Opening gates since 1987.

Last edited:

Aggie_12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Sinton, TX
    I looked in the manual and it just showed the learn button method and then the method with flipping the switches and syncing them or something. I'm not very familiar with that procedure so I was trying to avoid that route, if that is even the correct route.

Amwilliams, thanks for the link..

It did come with a keypad also but the previous owner but it in a spot that's more of a last resort if the clicker/button doesn't work for some reason.. So you would have to get out and walk around the vehicle and type in the code so I'd like to program the button if possible. Kind of defeats the purpose of having an electric gate if you get out every time. But I will definitely be using it when friends are coming over often, good idea.

Top Bottom