• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    The RL 550 comes without dies so you need to buy those separately. The basic 550B includes:
    • Machine with caliber conversion kit (shellplate, locator buttons, powder funnel) in the caliber of your choice.
    • Powder measure with standard large and small powder bars (small installed), Small bar throws from 2.1 to 15 grains of powder Large bar throws up to 55 to 60 grains of powder.
    • One prime system with large and small priming parts.
    • One large and one small pick up tube
    • One toolhead
    • One powder die
    • One loaded cartridge catch bin
    • One written instruction manual
    • One set of standard Allen wrenches
    If you buy the 550B w/o the caliber conversion kit, it is less expensive ($365), but you're going to need the shell plate, etc., so buy the machine that comes with it std for $406.00

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    6! dang.. You arent selling are you?

Hell, NO!
    LeMay2.gif

A131.jpg

1911.gif

BerettaL.gif

The above came from GB and a coupla other net gun boards - 2 others are local, but no pics yet. A P238 (makes 2 of 'em) an' a NIB Ruger 77 in 7mm mag.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    rl550b sells for $365. It states comes without a caliber conversion kit?? What is that?

The locator buttons are basically brass tacks that keep the brass cases aligned as you rotate them on the shellplate.

The powder funnel is actually bells the case out a little bit. (replaces the expander die and it works with the powder dispensing system.)

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    If you really intend to do a lot of reloading then the Dillon 650 is the way to go. I loaded 1000 rounds of 38super yesterday in about 2 hours. All Dillon reloaders have a lifetime warranty, I have sent my 650 in once and they did a total overhaul of it and sent it back free of charge.

Now if money is not an issue and you want the Ferrari of reloading presses a Dillon 1050 is amazing. If you are going to be loading 5-10k rounds per session there is nothing better. Not only does it have a case feeder like the 650 but you can also add a bullet feeder that makes it almost totally automated...

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    If you really intend to do a lot of reloading then the Dillon 650 is the way to go. I loaded 1000 rounds of 38super yesterday in about 2 hours. All Dillon reloaders have a lifetime warranty, I have sent my 650 in once and they did a total overhaul of it and sent it back free of charge.

Now if money is not an issue and you want the Ferrari of reloading presses a Dillon 1050 is amazing. If you are going to be loading 5-10k rounds per session there is nothing better. Not only does it have a case feeder like the 650 but you can also add a bullet feeder that makes it almost totally automated...

Only problem with the 1050 is there is NO lifetime warranty. They consider the 1050 a commercial reloader and, if I recall , a one year warranty.

I also have the Dillon XL650. LOVE it. The case feeder is also extra, on the 650. Glad I got the case feeder though. One less thing to have to mess with.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Only problem with the 1050 is there is NO lifetime warranty. They consider the 1050 a commercial reloader and, if I recall , a one year warranty.

I also have the Dillon XL650. LOVE it. The case feeder is also extra, on the 650. Glad I got the case feeder though. One less thing to have to mess with.

That is a great point, the 1050 does not have the lifetime warranty.

ambidextrous1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's really crankin', Redneck! The best I've ever done is about 1000 in an hour.

I'll bet you had a family member supporting your crankin', by carrying away loaded rounds, adding brass to the case feeder, topping off the bullet tray, and loading primer tubes.

I live alone, and have to do those tasks myself; but I do have the Dillon primer tube loader, which works flawlessly.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom