Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    So you come to the internet for info?

I came to Texas Gun Talk for info

I enjoy coming to TGT to read other perspectives which may help me formulate my own thoughts on the topic. The banter and challenge is good, and healthy. Being a straight jerk about a person's request for info, on a chat forum however... why? Feels like when a woman wants to pick a fight and argue just because.

Head over to AR15.com if you want this kind of treatment. TGT is such a better place. Keep it that way.
    Lynx Defense

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Your arrest warrant for last Monday's infraction, is in the mail.
    --
    (Not to worry, since it's being mailed, you may never receive it! )
    --
    With the Post Office parking lot, I play, "they've got to catch me first"!
    ....jest the sorta wild & crazy guy I am!
    If I ever did anything like that, I would never post it on the internet so it could be proven that I knowingly and intentionally broke any laws.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Your arrest warrant for last Monday's infraction, is in the mail.
    --
    (Not to worry, since it's being mailed, you may never receive it! )
    --
    With the Post Office parking lot, I play, "they've got to catch me first"!
    ....jest the sorta wild & crazy guy I am!

In reference to my question, it involved an LTC holder shooting at an "allegedly armed robbery suspect" in the PO parking lot.
    I made the comment that "I hoped he wasn't arrested".
    That's what started the debate.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Sorry, the law concerning post office property (to include parking lots) hasn't changed...
    Weapons and explosives. Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law, rule or regulation, no person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes per Title 39, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 232.1.(l)

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    THanks I'd been looking at that and I missed the part where they embedded the list of prohibited places. I also see they updated it as it removed churches so that's good. I really wish they would just re-word laws rather than tack on new ones that reference old ones but asshole politicians and lawyers and all that; plus our long-gone founding fathers aren't around to tar and feather folks like that.
    Wouldn't it be amazing if our "leaders" understood what "shall not be infringed" meant, so we wouldn't need an app and/or a lawyer before we go somewhere new with our RKBA rights?

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    I enjoy coming to TGT to read other perspectives which may help me formulate my own thoughts on the topic. The banter and challenge is good, and healthy. Being a straight jerk about a person's request for info, on a chat forum however... why? Feels like when a woman wants to pick a fight and argue just because.

Head over to AR15.com if you want this kind of treatment. TGT is such a better place. Keep it that way.
    Happens way too often on TGT in my opinion. There are times when I have a legitimate question but just don't feel like reading through all the snarky comments, belittling my choice of gear, my bad decision to have this or that brand/model/caliber, etc.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Happens way too often on TGT in my opinion. There are times when I have a legitimate question but just don't feel like reading through all the snarky comments, belittling my choice of gear, my bad decision to have this or that brand/model/caliber, etc.

From over twenty something years participating on many, many different forums, it goes with the territory, and it seems some forums are worse than others. It does happen her at TGT too, but, I will say, it happens way less here than many other forums I use to belong to.

With some members, the snarkiness is intentional and part of the friendship that goes on here between members. There are a very few that snarkiness is just being belligerent and mean though.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    snarky comments, belittling

the snarkiness is intentional

The intention is usually clear, even to those who aren't part of the friendships. Sh1t talking is entertaining, a55holism is pedestrian, IMHO especially in a place for us like-minded minority who really value our freedoms first as Texans, second as gun owning Texans.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    The intention is usually clear, even to those who aren't part of the friendships. Sh1t talking is entertaining, a55holism is pedestrian, IMHO especially in a place for us like-minded minority who really value our freedoms first as Texans, second as gun owning Texans.

And there a few, that aren't being snarky, or sarcastic, but just acting like a jerk. Fortunately they are few and far between here.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    So, is signage required for post office parking lots?
    I'm having a discussion with someone that says this is so.
    No sign, then okay to have a gun in PO parking lot.
    I say they are wrong.
    That's a Federal thing, i.e. the opperate outside the sphere of the influence of state laws

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    But was he subsequently arrested?
    As someone pointed out, no violation of state law so the local LE would not have jurisdiction and I highly doubt any feds showed up with bracelets.

There is a "for other lawful purposes" exception, but that has been interpreted as law enforcement or hunting, not a general carrying for self-defence. (Fn dumb)

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Personally, and this is strictly an opinion and nothing more, whatever items are in your vehicle, (for the sake of discussion, guns.) should be the person who owns the vehicle, their business regardless of who owns the parking lot, as long as they are conducting lawful business.

I know I can't legally enter the PO carrying a firearm, and if I leave it secured inside my vehicle while I conduct my business inside the PO, that should not be a concern of the PO or the federal government in any way.

Top Bottom