• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Breakfree CLP seems to do a fairly decent job all around. The Clenzoil, never heard of it, but good stuff according to the video. I wanted to see Weapon Shield included in the test. The big surprise: Frog Lube. Excellent at everything except cold flow.

Yep, been subscribed to Project Farm for a while.

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Project Farm is always informative and entertaining.

The results of this comparison were somewhat surprising.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Breakfree CLP seems to do a fairly decent job all around. The Clenzoil, never heard of it, but good stuff according to the video. I wanted to see Weapon Shield included in the test. The big surprise: Frog Lube. Excellent at everything except cold flow.

Yep, been subscribed to Project Farm for a while.

Not uncommon for him to expand on tests to include more products or test them in a new way.

Usually based on comments and if the video is popular enough to warrant a sequel.

I think the best take-away is that there is no perfect product for all conditions. Best lubricant may not be good for dusty environments. One that burns off may not be good for high volume of fire, etc.

I’d like to see them tested on some of the tougher carbon buildup you find on firearms. Spot in diesel exhaust doesn’t bake on quite like powder residue and carbon on the bolt and carrier of an AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    It smell like it too.
    b2ed6ebf7238d553808928a391cdae05.jpg

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have an uncle who still runs WD40 in everything he has. My grandpa did too. Not saying it is right, but he never has issues and I don't think he has ever cleaned anything. Almost makes me a believer in it. One thing I've learned from project farm is having any kind of lubrication (not spit) is better than nothing.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Isn’t his load test for automotive applications? I enjoy his videos but the kind of parts, the clearance they have, and the load on them play a part in what you use. Grease was never used in this test. No I don’t count frog lube as grease. I don’t know it’s heat and load rating.

I still wouldn’t be shy about using hoppes oil. Something that slides like a rail or carrier in a tube isn’t seeing the same load bearings would and on let’s say an ar15 bolt and barrel extension well that’s why material specs are around.

The guy does helpful testing but this is one that may not be accurate.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Isn’t his load test for automotive applications? I enjoy his videos but the kind of parts, the clearance they have, and the load on them play a part in what you use. Grease was never used in this test. No I don’t count frog lube as grease. I don’t know it’s heat and load rating.

I still wouldn’t be shy about using hoppes oil. Something that slides like a rail or carrier in a tube isn’t seeing the same load bearings would and on let’s say an ar15 bolt and barrel extension well that’s why material specs are around.

Yes, I would like to see the results of the bearing test if a light coat were applied as you would with a firearm, without the cup of lube to keep it constantly soaked.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Well, he was specifically testing “CLP” products, not necessarily the best lubricant for all applications. I don’t think inaccurate is very fitting since he didn’t say to use any product for any specific application. Just how the products tested stacked up in various tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom