Project One Million: Texas

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Charles L. Cotton, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Charles L. Cotton

Charles L. Cotton Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Friendswood, TX
    I just got back from NRA headquarters. I had to go there for a budget meeting. During the meeting, I got an idea for a membership drive I have titled "Project One Million: Texas." Here is a copy of the post announcing the project on TexasCHLforum.com.

Thanks,
    Chas.

2. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    After years of having a lapsed membership I joined again 2 months ago... and I just now signed up my wife and son (Jr. membership)....
    I will be on the prowl for other potential members...
    Despite some gun owners thinking the NRA is not hard core enough for them...the NRA does swing a heaviest hammer of all the pro 2A groups in DC.

3. jgedmond

jgedmond Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    I never belonged to the NRA before in my life, this despite owning a 22LR pistol for range use for 15 years (I'm ashamed to say). But my first post-election firearm-related purchase was a 2-year NRA membership and a small donation.

I too will look for opportunities to educate other gun owners about the need to support the most effective gun control opponent out there.

4. Jeff B

Jeff B Active Member

May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Another longtime gun owner & shooter that has joined the NRA in the last month. As usual, Charles has made a clear and rational case for his call to action.

I will be signing up my wife and checking with like minded friends to see if they are members or not. and if not, encouraging them to join, quickly.

Jeff B.

5. Charles L. Cotton

Charles L. Cotton Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Friendswood, TX
    Thanks guys! If this project is successful, it will send political shockaves through Washington.

Chas.

6. LittleGun

LittleGun Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I joined a few months ago, after I purchased my first gun.

7. TexasFats

TexasFats Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I am a Life Member, but I just got something in the mail about upgrading to Endowment for $200. I think that I will do it just to spite the left-wingers. That is why I started paying on my life membership several years ago--to spite Bill and Hillary.

8. PopsXD9sc

PopsXD9sc Active Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Recently joined in order to become a member of the local gun range. 100% NRA membership. When I got my card I re-upped for another year. Don't know why it took so long (I'm 60) since I grew up around guns and my dad was a card carrying TSRA and NRA member his whole life. Better late than never. Let's get those million members.

9. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    [​IMG]

10. Brewgod

Brewgod New Member

May 28, 2008
    I've signed up 6 folks this week, and am trying to sign up at least 1 person per week for the next year. When I sign someone up, I've been asking them to find 4 people over the next year to sign up and so on. I remind them that they make great Christmas and birthday gifts. Folks also need to sign up their spouses and children. We need to remember TSRA in this as well, they have a family membership for $45.00

I can't emphasize how important this is...

Thank you Charles for your post and work...