• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    In speaking to some of my friends and acquaintances over the last few days, the hesitation in joining the NRA seems to be an underlying fear of being on someone's list.
    The way I see it, I am on someone's list anyway!

Yeah, I think people take the whole name on a list thing a bit too far sometimes. Pretty much once you have a social security number, you are already on a list. If you have any type of credit card, loan, bank account, car loan, mortgage.........well you get the idea. It's nearly impossible to not be on a list somewhere. ;)
    Gun Zone Deals

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Chas.

I thank you as well for your eloquent explanation. For the record, I was searching for the answer. I thank you for providing it.

Good luck!

Sidewayz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Decatur, TX
    Im in 100%!!!

Signed my wife up just a couple weeks ago and also am signing up my 18month old son.I can do that right?(he'll be shooting soon!)

I've been bugging my dad, brother and brother-in-law too. I'll have to light a fire under them.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I've been signing up at the Houston Gun Collectors Association's gun show, every January for the past 4 years. I like the $10 discount + the cool Black ball cap w/Gold lettering.

44Mo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Just a suggestion to all.
    Buy your buddy or relative that's not a member a one year membership.
    $35.00 is less than some of us pay for a box of ammo.
    This is sort of a pay it forward type deal.
    You bought his and they should do the same for someone they know.
    Even if that person did not pay it forward we got one more member for a year and who knows, six months later their karma may get the better of them and they do pay it forward.
    Just a thought.
    Tomorrow I will get the address of a guy I shoot with I know that is not a NRA member and go on line and pay his dues for the year.
    The man said "There are approximately 250,000 NRA members in Texas."
    If only half of these people pay it forward and then half of those people pay it forward, well see where we end up. It's a win / win.
    And for the record - Yes I am a NRA member!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Friendswood, TX
    Just a suggestion to all.
    Buy your buddy or relative that's not a member a one year membership.
    $35.00 is less than some of us pay for a box of ammo.
    This is sort of a pay it forward type deal.
    You bought his and they should do the same for someone they know.
    Even if that person did not pay it forward we got one more member for a year and who knows, six months later their karma may get the better of them and they do pay it forward.
    Just a thought.
    Tomorrow I will get the address of a guy I shoot with I know that is not a NRA member and go on line and pay his dues for the year.
    The man said "There are approximately 250,000 NRA members in Texas."
    If only half of these people pay it forward and then half of those people pay it forward, well see where we end up. It's a win / win.
    And for the record - Yes I am a NRA member!!

This is a great idea. Would you mind if I put this on http://www.ProjectOneMillionTexas.com as a "suggestion from a fellow NRA Member?"

Thanks,
    Chas.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Friendswood, TX
    This sounds like a good plan. How to advertise it?

Currently, it is being promoted by members of TexasCHLforum.com who put the Project One Million: Texas link in their signature line on various boards they visit. At some point, I plan to advertise it in various gun magazines that offer local ad programs and on radio in the Houston area. Funding for this advertising will come from Texas CHL Forum, Inc. (not to be confused with TexasCHLforum.com)

Thanks,
    Chas.

tllstaco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Wife, daughter, and myself all joined NRA in the last 2 months. I'm going to talk to my dad today (he's in Georgia) and offer to buy him a membership.

Thanks for your hard work Chas!

Edit on 2/27/09: Signed my dad up and paid the fee for a year. Trying to get 5 people at work to sign up.

DustinO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Austin, TX
    joined the NRA this month. a buddy of mine at work also signed up. i am going to make sure everyone i work with here (about 4 others for sure and possibly some more) is a member or will become one within a month.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Converted my running 4 years of annual to a life 3 months ago, enlisted daughter (jr life member)

Now the best part, everybody gets a 2 year membership for their birthday even if they don't own a gun, the NRA card is better than a rotten hallmark card ;)

DustinO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Austin, TX
    if you go to the American Handgunner website, you can get a subscription and a free year membership to the NRA for like $18. i found this after i had already signed up, but i let a good friend of mine know and he signed up last weekend. i expect two to three more people i know to sign up soon!

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    Been a member for years; signed up my non-shooting wife after the election ... as somebody once said, there's strength in numbers ...

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Signed up this month, will sign daughter and son-in-law soon myself if I can't get them to then the other half will make four for me!

Top Bottom